Poll

Trade?

Still don't
1 (50%)
Still don't
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Free Simplex motor (or maybe whole bike?)  (Read 1769 times)

ltcps

• View Profile
    • Email
Free Simplex motor (or maybe whole bike?)
« on: November 29, 2014, 07:15:51 AM »
Got too old and infirm (back surgery, two new knees and over 70) to finish working on bike. Apart to upgrade to bigger engine. Got new Ambassador (Whizzer) wheels, originals in good shape) to add front and rear disk brakes. Predator engine has electric start. Mounting plate from Wayne.

Original engine turns over fine but missing key-way for points as far as I can tell. Crank case has been repaired sometime in past. No rust but some welding necessary on kick stand because I did not like the angle the bike sat at.

Was pretty decent looking bike but did not run. Original engine is complete including what I think is original exhaust.

Now the deal. I am looking for a 1960s American car. I will offer the engine as a fee to anyone who can find me a decent car I can drive away. No projects. I will not be able to pay more than $14,000 for the car as that is my mad money fund.

The cars that interest me the most  are 1966-67-69 Impala convertibles or wagons w/air, 1959 Impala 4 door sedan or wagon (also known as a Nomad), 1964 to 1969 Mustang Convertibles, 1963-1970 Cadillac Convertibles w/air. and there are others.

I would offer the entire bike if car needs to be transported from either coast to St. Louis Mo

Not desperate to sell as it has been setting in my basement for a couple years and not eating anything. Wish the right person could wind up with it who could appreciate it.

If interested give me a call 314-640-1020

dw1973

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Free Simplex motor (or maybe whole bike?)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 06:33:50 AM »
Ever find a car?

Gary S

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Free Simplex motor (or maybe whole bike?)
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:48 AM »
HEY! ITCPS .... check out this 66 mustang conv.
Maybe I can cash in on that engine/finders fee if it's still available?
Here's the link (you may have to cut-n-paste)

http://vintagemustangtrader.com/Classified/1966-mustang-for-sale/66-convert

GaryS
Never post anything on an open forum that you would not say in a crowded elevator.