Author Topic: New Members  (Read 1532 times)

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
New Members
« on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »
Since I'm new here, I'm a little hesitant to start making suggestions, but if there were a separate category for people to post their introduction, it might help the other categories from being peppered with introductions. I know that when I signed on, it was unclear as where to post my introduction.
The weather is pretty crappy here today and since my Simplex is buried behind a bunch of other bikes, I can't pull it out to read the serial numbers and get better photos to post. I promise to get this done on the next nice day. This is Oregon, so who knows when that will be.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Members
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:41:48 PM »
Hey, what do you think this is.....a website were we all know what we're doing????  If we get too organized we'll have to start having charter bylaws & dues & initiation ceremonies & secret handshakes &......well, you get the idea.....

I spent a week in Seattle a few years ago.  It was beautiful the day we arrived (via Amtrak) & beautiful the day we left (via my newly purchased '54 Kaiser), but it rained every day inbetween.  I kept thinking that the suicide rate must be horribly hi in the PNW.....The upside is your stuff doesn't rust as much out there I think....
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:48:01 PM by Mike Sal »

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:53 PM »
Well.. I was going to hold off for a while on suggesting initiation ceremonies & secret handshakes, but since you brought it up....
Regarding the suicide rate in the PNW, it was either commit suicide or sign up on this site. I hope that I made the right decision.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
Hmmm....should we ask your wife if you made the right choice......  I know my wife keeps my will up to date!!!
Mike Sal

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 08:07:21 PM »
Oh yeah, nothing would give her greater pleasure than having to deal with all my bike stuff. No Mike, in that regard I'm quite sure she'd rather keep me around for a while. At least long enough for me to liquidate them all. I'd really hate to have to saddle her with all that, so please, for her sake, keep this site interesting enough for me to choose life.