Author Topic: Left Hand Fender Brace Hitting The Rear Wheel Drive Pulley  (Read 1513 times)

David Stinson

• View Profile
    • Email
Left Hand Fender Brace Hitting The Rear Wheel Drive Pulley
« on: August 14, 2014, 07:35:22 PM »
 I am looking for pictures showing the relationship of the rear fender braces and the cargo rack mounting brackets.  I just installed a new belt and put the braces on first, then the rack brackets.  I seem to have a clearance problem with the left fender brace and the pulley for the drive belt.  The fender braces look correct relative to the rack brackets so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Any input is welcome.

For now I have installed some flat washers behind the complete brace and bracket stack.  I also noticed that my left brace hugs the wheel closer than the right hand brace making me think it may be on backwards.

Another day, something else to do.
David

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Left Hand Fender Brace Hitting The Rear Wheel Drive Pulley
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 05:12:11 AM »
You can try that to see if it gives you the clearance you need. I just kept adjusting on the bends till I moved the finder over enough so nothing was rubbing. I did it once before painting and again after painting to get it to work. In other words "Good Luck" and be forgiving.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 07:24:03 AM »
David, here is a picture of the curve on the brace to clear the pulley.  Maybe you have the left and right sides reversed?  If not, add a little more curve to the top of the brace.
Rick

David Stinson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:30 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the input.
David