Author Topic: Twist Grip Throttle Control help needed  (Read 2505 times)

Pete57

• 1957 Simplex
    • View Profile
    • Email
Twist Grip Throttle Control help needed
« on: February 18, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »
Hi all, I am in the process of replacing the aftermarket throttle with the correct twist grip throttle control on my 57 Simplex. The only thing I have to go from is the illustration in the manual. See attachment. Does anyone have instructions or photos of how this goes together? Which way does part number 764 face once it is installed in the handle bar up or down? Any info would me much appreciated. Thanks, Pete

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Twist Grip Throttle Control help needed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 07:19:09 PM »
Pete, the button side goes up, the tang down through the slot.  The 1st one of these I did it took me an hour to figure it out, now I can do it in 5 minutes. 

If you bought one from Wayne, there is no part #770, as he makes his out of heavier material and it is not necessary.  Wayne also includes a teflon washer to make it slide easier.  I also use a little grease on the slide. 

Good Luck!
Rick

hardhead

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 02:23:48 PM »
Thanks I needed that too.  Tom

Pete57

• 1957 Simplex
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
Thanks for the info Rick! I have attached some pics. Does it look about right? If I understand your email correctly I need to turn it so that the button is on the top. Would you have any pictures of what it should look like? Appreciate all the great help. Pete

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
You are on the right track! The head of the button rides in the slot.  As you rotate the tube, the button slides back and forth.  The retaining clip then goes in, and the grip holds it together.
Rick