Author Topic: Popular Science article  (Read 1378 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Popular Science article
« on: August 14, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »
Found a couple of 1954 mags at a garage sale for a buck a piece and one of them had this in it.  The curious thing is the way they talk about a manual clutch still being available. Plus the specs are neat to see in print. At least this was Popular Sciences take on things anyways!

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Popular Science article
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
Cool article.  What month is the magazine?  I've got a lot of those magazines from the 50's.

I notice that the wheel pulley appears to be painted black (or a dark color) & not the same color as the rims.  I wonder how often this was done.   I know the '57 Cycle magazine add also shows a black wheel pulley.
Mike Sal

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 02:19:07 PM »
Mike, this article came from The standard fact book of 1954 cars issued by Popular Science. No month but probably at he beginning of '54 or maybe late '53 when the new model year starts. And then it happened to have a motorcycle section and a foreign section. It shows Harley, Indian, Cushman, Mustang(shows a Mustang trike) and Simplex. 

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 06:14:09 PM »
kart, it is alright to call you kart! Thanks for the article , pretty cool Bill Marcum 8)