Author Topic: Merry Christmas!  (Read 4416 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Merry Christmas!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 06:28:22 AM »
Like this!!

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2016, 06:39:54 AM »
Merry Christmas guys .

No snow here in Rockport , Texas .
This morning :
Partly Cloudy & 65.0 °F
77° for a high today .

Shorts and T shirt for me .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2016, 07:12:53 AM »
Merry Christmas guys & my best wishes to you all.

Pete I own a rice farm just out of Victoria, Tx. & have spent a huge amount of time fishing at Rockport. 65 degrees & zero wind yesterday & yes I did get my Copper Gator out and enjoyed a ride; today 40 mph + but again mid 60's...don't think a ride is in the forecast today. Rick C.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2016, 07:46:06 AM »
Rick C ,

Just rig a sail and save gas . LOL

We spent 10 days in a city park in Victoria . Seems fairly flat around there . Had a couple of decent rains and the ditch than ran along the park would Tsunami about twenty minutes after the rain started . The ditch drained a fair part of city streets . It would rise about 5 - 6 feet in a very short time and drain away almost as quickly . That ditch dumped into the Guadalupe River .

I haven't fished here , although some of the guys in the park are fairly avid . I've been told : this is a fishing town .

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:47:58 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

ndian22

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2016, 09:07:35 AM »
Yes & yes...land is super flat & fertile, and you are in a fishing town for sure. The little Guadalupe river is really beautiful upstream and quite popular for tubing in the Summer. The rains on the Gulf coastal plains should always be respected, many lives lost every year to the run offs that you experienced in Victoria.
Pete I'd suggest you take time if you haven't already and visit the "Hill country" just North of where you're at, neat little towns with things to see and do even in the Winter months.

My farms about 40 miles north of Rockport, though I actually live in S.W. Oklahoma really rolling and hilly country...fun terrain in this part of Indian Territory to bike through on the back roads. Rick C.