Author Topic: rubber foot pads  (Read 1380 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
rubber foot pads
« on: June 22, 2013, 09:37:16 AM »
What/how have people been attaching the rubber foot pads down with to the steel foot rests? 2 sided tape, adhesive, screws???  Thanks

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: rubber foot pads
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
What/how have people been attaching the rubber foot pads down with to the steel foot rests? 2 sided tape, adhesive, screws???  Thanks

I like to use weatherstrip adhesive.  I apply to both pieces, let dry for a while and then stick them together.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 11:21:16 AM »
I used black RTV .

It sticks them down good and fills in any gaps along the edges that normally collect debris .
Let it cure before you try removing any excess . It'll peel away easily leaving what's needed .
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:23:57 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
Thanks guys, good idea on using the black RTV.  Now I just have to "CON"vince the DMV to title/license it as a moped. LOL.  If I try to license it as a motorcycle, they will ask for a DOT inspection and it doesn't have DOT approved tires, DOT approved tail light, brake light switch, blinkers, horn, VIN number, etc...  Easier to apologize than it is to get permission.  Silly that it's easier to get a permit to carry a concealed handgun than it is to get a moped license plate in this state (MN)  LOL