Author Topic: '48 (?) Servi-Cycle Frame, Handlebars, Front Fender For Sale  (Read 2446 times)

48Chief

• View Profile
    • Email
'48 (?) Servi-Cycle Frame, Handlebars, Front Fender For Sale
« on: October 23, 2016, 04:12:59 PM »
Hello.  Yesterday I purchased a Servi-Cycle frame, fork, front fender, and handlebars.  I am keeping only the fork for another project.  I would like to sell the remainder.  Not looking to get rich, just can't bear to see these parts not get used.

From information found on your blog, I believe the frame is a 1948 (?), but please comment if I am mistaken.  The frame has surface rust but is unmolested, and appears to me to be straight.  The crash bar on the left side might be bent back very slightly; this could easily be straightened.  There is surface rust, but but the frame is solid and would clean up nicely.  I saw two spots where the tubing needs to be rewarded.  Looks like the seamed tubing has separated for about an inch.

The front fender was chrome at one time, and the chrome is flaking badly, but the fender is solid and relatively straight with no extra holes.  It could be repaired.  The handlebars and neck stem have surface rust but are not bent, and would clean up nicely.  The bars appear that they were never chromed.

I am in the Seattle area.  Not sure how the frame could be shipped...  Please let me know if anyone is interested.

-Rob Root
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 04:23:26 PM by 48Chief »

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: '48 (?) Servi-Cycle Frame, Handlebars, Front Fender For Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:27:52 PM »
I agree. Maybe a late '48 because of the kicker shaft. Def a wide bar with the L bracket to hold the air tube out of the tire   

Daddyo

• 1952 Simplex
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 08:06:44 PM »
Hello I just seen your frame and wanted to know if it was still for sale and if so what are you trying to get out of it?

48Chief

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
Thanks to all who helped with the i.d., and expressed interest in the frame and parts.  I am pleased to say that I found a local Seattlite who will put the parts to good use, so they are no longer available.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 07:20:50 AM »
Welcome Daddyo . :)

Do you 'need' a frame ? Maybe a cry for help might produce something .

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:40:59 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)