Author Topic: 1945 World War II Machine - Gary Wollard  (Read 1537 times)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
1945 World War II Machine - Gary Wollard
« on: February 21, 2012, 06:45:00 PM »
I have the machine that Gary Wollard was restoring for the World War II Museum in New Orleans.  I know the Norman Burton and Charlie Eakin also contributed to this project.  Norman says that someone from North Carolina painted the chassis, but neither he nor Charlie can remember who it was.  If any of you know who else contributed to this project, I would certainly like to know.  I hope to have the museum place a plaque with the machine listing the sponsors, and I would hate to leave someone's name off the list.
Many thanks,
Mike Montgomery

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1945 World War II Machine - Gary Wollard
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
I've seen a couple of the ww2 versions (I do ww2 reenacting) but never paid close attention to them.....I'll know better next time.  Good luck in finishing this bike.

I noticed that there are 43 people in the VMBC roster that list owning Simplexes who are not on this website.  I wonder if any of them may have been involved?
Mike Sal

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »
Mike,
I am close.  Norman is finishing the lights to send to me soon.  I believe that Gary's two sons, Adam and Chris, are going with me to deliver it.  I hope that others that review this site will see this post and connect me to others who had a hand in this project. Regards, Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:32:08 AM »
Hi Mike,
 Glad you made it over here!  Good luck on the WWII bike, and please post so pictures of it.

Rick
Rick

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:22:04 PM »
Hi Mike ,,   I built the engine for that bike and built up another engine  as payment to the guy who painted that bike ,  He was known only by the name of " Ski " of  " Ski's Auto world "  hope all goes well     Larry Brown.

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 04:47:00 PM »
Thanks Larry,
I have found him on the internet - I'll give him a call.  Mike