Author Topic: Vintage Motor Bike Club Meet  (Read 5660 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vintage Motor Bike Club Meet
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
If you join VMBC you get in to the meet for free all week(not camping) Dues are just $25 a year. Their website is vintagemotorbike.org.   

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:48 AM »
I joined in december, so I got to donate 6 months of dues to the club, as I have to re-up in July.  I had the archives guy send me the list of back issues they're trying to get rid of & am ordering several so I can read up on "all things motor bike".  I have a buddy that lives in the same town as the guy so, he's going to pick them up & save me the shipping costs.  If any of you are interested in old copies, let me know & I'll add them to the list (email me if you want a copy of the list.....it's doesn't really tell you anything other than the year & quarter that's available).

Found out they have showers on site.  It sounds like it's camping for me unless this summer turns into blast furnace hot.
Mike Sal

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:31 PM »
I'm going!  Bought my plane ticket last week, and I will be camping with Bob Legron (Simplex collector from Tiffin, Ohio).  Mike Montgomery

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 06:46:57 PM »
It's a 5 hour drive for me.  Along with the Simplex, I'm thinking of bringing some of my old stuff out of the barn to see if I can sell it......one of those old french made mopeds from the mid-60's, a honda passport, one of those little yellow honda's (don't remember what they were called)....I didn't realize I'd gathered so much little bike stuff.
Mike Sal 

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
Just paid my dues to the Vintage Motor Bike Club, Looking foward to the mag and events. Bill 8)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 02:07:34 PM »
Be patient with them on getting your membership stuff sent out.  They are currently wihtout a secretary & the president is carrying the ball.  Darren seems like a nice guy & will help with any questions.  You might also want to sign up on their yahoo group.  Not many on there at them moment, but hopefully it will build (their official website is not interactive).
Mike Sal

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
I quized the VMBC prez again about adding our website as a link on their site.  He said he'd try to get it done soon.  He did add our link to their yahoo group site.

Anyone who's recently joined the VMBC, you can buy past issues of their magazine.  They had a ton of left over issues, but the guy storing them decided to re-cycle about 7,000 copies (what a waste...).  Of the population that's left, if you want one that 5 years old or newer, they are 5 bucks apiece.  If they're older than 5 years, they are a dollar a piece.
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:25:32 PM by Mike Sal »

RodneyS

• It just fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 06:05:40 AM »
 ;DFYI  there will be a motorcycle swap meet at the Seba Station Museum in Warwick Oklahoma the 19&20th of May, 2012. that is where i found my Simplex. It is also a pretty awesome museum and very little Harley stuff. For more info call Jerry at 405-365-1744  or go to www.sebastation.com.