Author Topic: Front Fork Spring Retaining Nuts  (Read 3643 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Front Fork Spring Retaining Nuts
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 05:04:18 PM »
I agree with you.  I think Bob is off track.  I plan to contact him before Portland this year to see if he will bring some of his records so we can compare them to our registry. 

It would be interesting to know just how many bikes on our registry were also on the Pat Williams list (I know of 3 that are).  I have to believe that the more bikes that can be added to the list, the easier it will be to determine the model year.

We just can't forget that Simplex used the same attitude towards serial numbers as lawnmower manufacturers......the calendar year doesn't make a big difference to them.
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »
Fiscal year likely had a higher 'ranking' .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Van Gerstenfeld

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
Hi Mike

It's Van from Chagrin Falls Oh.  My frame # is 16359 and it has nuts on the top to the spring rods.
The brake lite switch bracket is on top of the lower frame tube and the brake rod has a clamp that has a cut off
wire that must have gone to the brake lite switch which is missing. I ordered some parts from Wayne and he gave me the part number for the switch which he can't seem to get anymore. Part #9071 mfg. Cole Hersee.  By the way the
engine # is M21912B which is not original to the frame. 
Van

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »
Van ,

That part # 9071 is for a normally 'ON' switch .

I would think that we would want a normally 'OFF' switch , which would be part # 9109 , according to :

http://www.a-and-lsystems.com/f_momentary1.pdf

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2013, 05:17:05 PM »
I've still not ordered a switch for my bike either (the previous owner used a brake lite switch from a car).  If some one is going to order a switch, would you also order one that is "on" when the rod gets pulled out, & I'll buy it from you.  If I remember right, the top side switches are the reverse of this.  I seem to recall that the company didn't like to sell one or two at a time.
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
Mike ,

I think the switch you want to use would be determined by the position the switch will have when mounted .

Switch facing forward would require a normally OFF type ( Cole Hersee # 9109 ) and facing rearward would require a normally ON type ( Cole Hersee # 9071 ). 'Normally' is equiviant to 'resting position' , as the rod is NOT being pulled out .

Pete . :)