Author Topic: It happened one day...  (Read 1126 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
It happened one day...
« on: September 19, 2020, 04:13:32 AM »
So here's a long story to tell.  Several months back I set out on a quest to locate Lamptester55 that had posted on here 8+ years ago. He owned a 1940 Serviglide. (you can view his posts under that username).  I wanted to buy this bike if at all possible.  Throughout months of searching for him because of his contacts changing over the years the deed was done.  He lived in Dearborn!

This task was then followed by more months of correspondence until, finally,  the decision was made to sell and I was on it!

Rodney is a great guy and I had a great day picking up the bike.  We talked about many things.  He worked for the Ford Motor company for 30 years or so and had many interesting things to say.  Plus he wrote a book.  A pleasure to meet!

That day was a lot to absorb!  It is exciting to know I have a Serviglide in the garage and also that Rodney was the perfect caretaker of it and all the info that came with it for over 46 years!  Makes me the third owner. He worked with the original owners son.  (documented)

A lot to sort through and post but I will start a thread soon. Just wanted to let you all in on what has been going on.

pd

• View Profile
Re: It happened one day...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2020, 05:09:44 AM »
Good score , Tom .

Just in time for winter . ;)
You gonna have it ready for Portland '21 ?

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 06:31:05 AM »
That's cool! Will this be an original or a kartjockey custom? I'm sure this will be as sweet as the others. Mikes still interested in the sportsman if you need some project money. Bob

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 09:01:15 AM »
That's cool! Will this be an original or a kartjockey custom? I'm sure this will be as sweet as the others. Mikes still interested in the sportsman if you need some project money. Bob

Being there are only 2 accounted for, Tom is not going to customize it!  Me, you never know! Lol
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 07:42:14 PM »
Tom, we're getting anxious. Where's the pics. That is such a cool find. Perseverance does pay off sometimes. Congrats. Bob