Author Topic: VMBC Portland 2021  (Read 3828 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
VMBC Portland 2021
« on: May 05, 2021, 09:06:21 AM »
Who’s in for the 2021 Meet in Portland?  I know most of you missed last years Outlaw event, hopefully you will be back for this one.

I will be unveiling my 1955 Anniversary Edition Automatic at the meet. What are the rest of you bringing to show and or ride?

Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: VMBC Portland 2021
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 06:21:33 PM »
I will see everyone there!   On the Hill under the burgundy tent.  The Serviglide wont be finished by then and wont be along for the ride.  Heart broken for that but have been giving it the justice it deserves.    So will be bringing my normal rides.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 06:24:22 AM »
Wow, is no one besides Tom and I going?  Pete, where are you summering this year?  Bob, how about you and Mike?
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 06:32:30 AM »
Hey Rick, Mike and I will be there. Mike's picking one up to ride. I haven't had much time. Wife had he hip replaced in Oct, knee replaced in Feb, right now we're in the hospital with pneumonia. On the upside I did go to Arkansas and picked a bunch of frames and parts. Bought a big fender deluxe sportsman from Mike. Now if I can just find time to wrench and ride.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 08:49:48 AM »
Rick ,

We landed on our summer site in mid-Michigan this past Sunday . We're getting settled nicely , even though we're having to run the furnace and wearing winter coats outside . Not use to these cold temps . :(

I'm planning on seeing you guys in Portland this June . :)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 06:36:55 PM »
Only 2 weeks to go!
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 07:07:02 PM »
See everyone there!   Sounds like a new face or two on the hill this year.  Can't wait!

Cocina_47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

Trish and I will be there.
Plan on getting there sometime on Monday!
C U al There!
No matter where you go, there you are

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 03:12:50 PM »
It's a beautiful evening in Portland Indiana. Can't wait to see everybody

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 03:26:14 PM »
I’ll be there tomorrow!

Pete, are you coming?
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 04:19:24 PM »
I'll be there .
But , not until Wensday afternoon . SIL needs help on Tuesday afternoon with a sauna . I probably won't try it out as other things also need attention . :(

Anyway , I'll be there .

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2021, 09:33:30 AM »
Just some pictures from the show.   I wasn't as much of a shutterbug as I normally am!

We all had a great time.   Was nice seeing and visiting with all of you.  Had good conversation  with PD the last couple nights of the show.  It was nice he could make it.  Missed seeing 57auto but maybe next year!

The weather was fabulous with a bit of some rain but did clear back off.  Travis and I tent camped as usual but on the last day  Bob Kerr decided to head back home early  and surrendered his motel room to us.  So after a week of living outside we had an air conditioned room with a TV!  So we just left from the room Sunday morning.

Travis and I attended the Club banquet that is held right there on the grounds. It was on Saturday at 5pm and lasted about two hours.  Around 125 members were there.   It was a pleasant time with good food.   Plus I won a door prize!

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 12:37:44 PM »
Good seeing everyone this year. Had a great time. Came home to a mess tho. While I was gone some one went to my farm where all my toys were stored and cleaned me out. 6 simplexs, about 200 antique bicycles, 3 mustangs, a 68 nova, and a 71 dodge truck. No telling what else. Called the sheriff. While the deputy and I were talking we heard a vehicle coming up the road. My shop and cabin are better than a quarter mile off the county road. The deputy went to check them out and I jumped into my truck to catch them. There were two guys and a girl in a bronco pulling a car hauler trailer no doubt coming back for more. Got the trailer jackknifed and I pulled in front of the truck where they couldn't leave. The fact I had a weapon pulled on them might have also been a deterrent. The deputy called for backup. The sheriff and 5 deputies were there in about 15min. The 2 guys went to jail. They let the girl go but the next day the girl and some guy tried to break into the police impound yard to get something out of the bronco. They got away but know there will be several charges against her and they guy with her. Went to social media and the local news station. Already leads are starting to come in. Hope I can get part of my stuff back. The things that happen to be able to tell stories. Wow!!!!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »
Bob, that’s horrible! Hopefully you recover all your stuff. People like that should be put down like rabid dogs.

Keep us updated on the progress.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 07:47:10 PM »
I had a good time , too . :D
Good to see and talk with Tom and Rick again .
Glad to have met Bob and Bob and Dave and be able to put a few more faces with some screen names .

Hopefully the fools that ripped Bob off get to pay a very dear price and Bob gets his treasures returned .