Author Topic: VMBC Portland 2021  (Read 3828 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: VMBC Portland 2021
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 05:24:27 PM »
Bob, any more updates on your stuff?
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 05:56:52 AM »
Come to find out, there's a guy here in town that started stealing bicycles and then told the guys that stole the cars where the farm was located.These ignorant drug heads keep talking and I hope will lead me to the rest of the stuff. I keep getting bits and pieces of info and always check to see where it leads. Got 3 more antique bikes back last week. The DA in this county won't issue a search warrant without concrete proof about the whereabouts of the stuff. But, me and Smith and Wesson can look all we want. I've still got hope. Bob

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2021, 08:05:11 AM »
It's a shame we don't have old West justice anymore!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »
Better little by little than nothing at all .
Hopefully you'll get it all back .
Keep the faith .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2021, 08:49:00 AM »
Bob, did you get the rest of your stuff back?
Rick

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2021, 08:17:55 AM »
Hey Rick, We recently rented our house next door to a lady and her boyfriend. He's into motorized bicycles. We got to talking and he said he thought he knew where some of the bikes might be. They had looked at a house for sale about a mile west of town, he said behind the shop there were a bunch of old bicycles in the weeds that looked like someone tried to hide them. I had to go look. Sure enough, there sat an old 50's tandem bike that I had in the shop. I looked around and found about 20 of my old bicycles. Then we looked in this guys shop and found a bunch of stuff that came out of my shop. Called the sheriff and they said it could be a problem taking my stuff off private property and not being able to prove it was mine. There's no one living there. I told them bullshit, that's my stuff I'm taking it. I went and got my trailer they didn't steal and loaded everything I could find in and around the shop that belonged to me. No problems. The guy that did live there was friends with the brothers that stole the bikes to begin with. They just hid them at the guys house. Still missing a lot of stuff, but these guys keep talking and by word of mouth I'm finding my stuff a little at a time. Done give up on law enforcement, It's JOHN WAYNE time!!!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2021, 01:08:08 PM »
Keep on it Bob!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2021, 05:16:06 AM »
Sometimes it takes doing it yourself to make it right .   8)

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2021, 08:04:17 AM »
Well guys, this is the story that keeps on going. Last nite on the way home a guy was leaving town with a yellow corvette on a trailer. I made a U turn and got behind the guy. My wife said what are you doing!! That's my car!! Followed the guy about 25 miles until he pulled into a store to get gas. I pulled in and started a conversation with the guy where I could check out the car. Sure enough it was my corvette that got stole with the rest of the cars. The guy left and I followed and called 911. They sent 2 deputies that stopped the guy, checked the VIN # and the car was registered to me. He lived in the area and they let him go until the investigators could bring him in for questioning, as they were short handed on shift and didn't have time to spend on him. So now I've got all my vehicles back. Still missing 2 trailers, 2 choppers, some Simplex's, and about 100 antique bicycles. Detective Bob is on the case! Leads keep popping up and I always check them out. Next chapter whenever it happens.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2021, 01:44:10 PM »
Wow Bob, that was incredibly lucky of you to have seen it! Hopefully you get everything back.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2021, 04:19:53 AM »
 Better one at a time than none . ;)

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2021, 08:28:18 AM »
Getting they guy's address today. I'll go see what else he might have that belongs to me.