Author Topic: Thinking about selling my 1958 Simplex Automatic.  (Read 1091 times)

David Stinson

• View Profile
    • Email
Thinking about selling my 1958 Simplex Automatic.
« on: August 30, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »
I'm thinking about selling my 1958 Simplex Automatic.  I have had it about a year.  I thought I would put it out here first where a Simplex enthusiast would see it. 

The best I can tell it is near original.  The tank and fenders are the original paint.  The rims have been powder coated and it has new tires on it.  The throttle was non-functional when I got it and I replaced it with a mower style cable.  I replaced both drive belts and the bearings in the idler pulley.  I replaced the original tail light lens with one from Dennis Carpenter, still glass, looks the same as the original.  The tail light / brake light is not the original bulb but are now individual 4 cell flashlight bulbs which work well with the available voltage from the magneto.

I have the original title and it is currently titled in Georgia.  I have driven it a very limited amount, mostly in my yard but once a road trip of about 6 miles.

I have attached a couple of pictures.  If anyone would like to see anything in particular let me know and I will send a picture.  If you have questions I will answer them to the best of my ability.

If anyone is interested send me a message to rdavidstinson@gmail.com.
David