Author Topic: Accessories......  (Read 2389 times)

BPerry2

• View Profile
Accessories......
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:38:32 AM »
Looking through the Simplex manual I see some optional equipment for the Cycles, other than the luggage rack, does anyone have or has anyone seen any of these? The trailer intrigues me a bit, a way to have a servi-car without having to drive a trike all the time.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accessories......
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 11:30:49 AM »
This is/was part of the Gary Wollard collection.  They are the only photos I have of the pair, and were for sale as a set.
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
I have the horn and am working on a set of the leg shields from down in North Carolina.   There was a set of leg shields and a windshield on Simplex Hill this year.  Not sure if they were authentic or not. Looked like they could have been.  Here's some pics.

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
I took that picture (#18).  I have seen that bike run, and as I remember, it ran as good as it looks! Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
I have the horn and am working on a set of the leg shields from down in North Carolina.   There was a set of leg shields and a windshield on Simplex Hill this year.  Not sure if they were authentic or not. Looked like they could have been.  Here's some pics.

Jim said they were original, and they are for sale.
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:13 PM »
I would love to have a set of saddle bags.  I've not been able to find any that are sized for a motorbike (I picked up a set of leather bags at a swapmeet in Florida, but they are too big to look right). 

That trailer was still at Wollard's house if I remember right when I was there earlier this year.
Mike Sal

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:20 PM »
From the back cover of the VMBC magazine.  Spring 1991

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
Those saddle bags are absolutlely the coolest.  Looks like 'servi-cycle' wings pressed in the top of them.

BPerry2

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 02:42:55 PM »
Hey, that cart is definitely cool, I'd love to see one in person and be able to get the dimensions from it and see how it is built. I have a couple of ideals of how I could use one. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any chance of getting an original at a decent price, nor would I want to modify an original for what I'd have in mind.

Thanks for sharing guys!!!