Author Topic: Hello from Michigan!!  (Read 4255 times)

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello from Michigan!!
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:34:21 PM »
Picked this up the other day from a old guy that owned a boat repair shop that had been in the same location since the 1930's he personally took it on partial trade for a boat motor in 1964 and it just got lost in a warehouse full of stuff that he had picked up over the years...not running and missing a couple of parts but a good start!! engine serial no. M23524B frame serial no.15072  I'm thinking 1957?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 06:57:46 AM by relic »
The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the sweetness of low cost!

pd

• View Profile
Re: Hello from Michigan!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
Welcome relic . :)

Resize the pic to 640x480 and it'll load no problem . Use these tags [img ]http://your pic url[ /img] . no spaces .

Or you could use a site like Photobucket ( free ) and have all your pics resized at upload .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 04:23:31 AM »
Welcome!  Like PD says, resize your pictures smaller.  I like to use the website feature to post a picture, unlike PD, who likes to embed the picture.  The reason I am not a fan of the embedded picture, is people using a slower connection must wait for all the pictures to load.  With the website feature, you only load a thumbnail, and you can choose which pictures you want to expand.

Rick
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 06:13:48 PM by admin »
Rick

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
Picked this up the other day from a old guy that owned a boat repair shop that had been in the same location since the 1930's he personally took it on partial trade for a boat motor in 1964 and it just got lost in a warehouse full of stuff that he had picked up over the years...not running and missing a couple of parts but a good start!! engine serial no. M23524B frame serial no.15072  I'm thinking 1957?

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »
That's a really cool bike.  Is that a brake light switch I see on the bottom side of the rear lower bar?  If so, that pins it as an early '57, like mine.  The motor number seems about right also. 

Send me a PM with your real name & I'll get you added to the registry.  Welcome to the group.
Mike Sal

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »
Welcome Relic.   What city do you live in.  I am in Midland.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 11:58:09 AM »
Bike looks great!  We expect to see it in person at the VMBC meet in Portland, IN in July!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »
relic ,

Your bike is in a touch better shape than mine was when I bought it for $15 , 49 years ago . Same colors , too .
Seeing yours brings back some fine memories . Thanks .

This is how mine turned out :

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 02:06:00 PM »
Welcome!  Like PD says, resize your pictures smaller.  I like to use the website feature to post a picture, unlike PD, who likes to embed the picture.  The reason I am not a fan of the embedded picture, is people using a slower connection must wait for all the pictures to load.  With the website feature, you only load a thumbnail, andnyoubcan choose which pictures you want to expand.

Rick

That's the part I try to eliminate as we all want to see almost all posted pics . I have to sit here and wait for the thumbs referenced pics to load and that actually takes a lot longer if I click on each of them than it takes for the page full of 640x480 pics to load . Then , once the referenced pic loads , I have to scroll across and up and down to see the whole pic . The huge pics really are a pain for me . I have a 15" screen on my lap top .

Sorry for jacking your thread , relic . I'll shut up now .

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2013, 03:31:43 PM »
Welcome!  Like PD says, resize your pictures smaller.  I like to use the website feature to post a picture, unlike PD, who likes to embed the picture.  The reason I am not a fan of the embedded picture, is people using a slower connection must wait for all the pictures to load.  With the website feature, you only load a thumbnail, andnyoubcan choose which pictures you want to expand.

Rick

That's the part I try to eliminate as we all want to see almost all posted pics . I have to sit here and wait for the thumbs referenced pics to load and that actually takes a lot longer if I click on each of them than it takes for the page full of 640x480 pics to load . Then , once the referenced pic loads , I have to scroll across and up and down to see the whole pic . The huge pics really are a pain for me . I have a 15" screen on my lap top .

Sorry for jacking your thread , relic . I'll shut up now .

I find just the opposite!  I look at the pictures the first time I visit a thread, but don't reopen them every time I come back, just the new ones.

If people would resize to 640 x 480 or so, this would be a non issue.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:33:39 PM by RickS »
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2013, 04:04:55 PM »
"If people would resize to 640 x 480 or so, this would be a non issue."

That's true .

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 04:58:05 PM »
Welcome and Hello . That is a nice find you have . It looks to be a very solid starting point to work back into shape . Have fun with it and enjoy .

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2014, 07:05:44 PM »
4 months later!

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2014, 07:15:54 PM »
lookin good! ready for a lot more pics

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:12 PM »
Thanks!