Author Topic: Hello everyone from the Vintage Motorbike Club  (Read 5549 times)

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello everyone from the Vintage Motorbike Club
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »
Well the 42nd Vintage Motorbike Meet held in Portland Indiana is fast approaching. 8) While our website is up and running, it has been a struggle and disappointment this past year. We are still believe it or not working on getting a more modern forum built for it. :( It will not be done before this upcoming meet though. However, we have formed a Facebook group. Of course it takes friends to make a group click on Facebook. If you would like to join our group and hear the latest in what's happening with the VMBC please put a request in to join at Vintage Motor Bike club! Pay close attention to the spelling and font because there are many other groups on Facebook with like wording. If you see Jenni affiliated with it that is the group you want. Someone has mentioned the dates of our meet, but I have no idea who that is. Give us a 12 hour period to welcome you into the group.

If I don't hear from you in our Facebook group I will look forward to seeing you all at Portland. Take care and ride safe! :)

Darren Chafin
VMBC President

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
Re: Hello everyone from the Vintage Motorbike Club
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »
Welcome Darren, my wife and I are looking forward to the show in Portland, we will be there with Kettle Korn again this year. We had a blast last year and plan on bringing the Simplex that is gonna be running this year. Last year we had a group photo in front of the Kettle korn stand of all the Simplex's we could gather. We are wanting to better organize it this year and get ALL the Simplex's for the photos this year. I will try to find out when the others from this forum are gonna be there and what day will work best for everybody. When it gets closer, I will contact you with a date and time and would greatly appreciate it if you would help spread the word. I will be looking the club up on FB shortly. Keeptop us posted on here as well with thing going on with the club. Stop by the Kettle Korn stand this year, we would love to meet you. James Martin.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:21 PM »
James, we should try for a group photo on sunday afternoon.  This is right in the middle of the meet and should attract the most people.  I bet this year we can get close to 40 bikes lined up!  I certainly will do my share!
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
This is the only thing I could find on Facebook for the vintage motorbike club, but it isn't called what Darren posted. If this isn't the right link, Darren, please post the right link when you get a chance.         

https://www.facebook.com/groups/121325151233004/

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:26:18 PM »
I'm going!
The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the sweetness of low cost!

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 03:07:48 AM »
See you there Relic! 

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
I think we arrive sometime on Saturday, but not sure how early. 
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
Mike, are you staying at the Randolph Inn?  I could not get a room at the Holiday Inn for saturday night, so I think I will be staying there.  How long is the drive from the fairgrounds?
Rick

bjm

• View Profile
    • millers powder coating
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:36 PM »
to find the site on facebook, type in like this (vintage motor bike club)    what will pop up is 41st annual vintage motor bike ,etc.   just pull that up.   I put a bunch of my simplex pixs on there already. lets see if they take them down and replace with cushmans ;D

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »
I am sleeping with my servi under the stars.  LoL

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
Bill, are you and your son coming to the meet this year?
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 08:34:13 PM »
Yes Rick, that's where we're staying.  It's about 25 minutes door to door if I remember correctly.  We thought about camping but didn't want to risk being another really hot summer.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 03:09:52 PM »
Well we will be staying in the Clock Tower Inn, no frills 75.00 a night. I'm taking a few weekends off to get something running. I will use every trick and resource at my command. Shoot, I may even dip into the art of black magic to get it to run. See Y'all there.  ;D

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2014, 06:34:36 PM »
Hi Reese, have not heard from you in a while.  Get those bikes running!  I just put new tires on the rat bike, and I want to find out how fast it really is!
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
Rick , yea i know working 7 days a week and taken care of my mother-in-law's property thats 70 miles away. Just does not leave me with any fun time. I wont have my custom bike even started yet but the project has been totally funded by congress. Ive rebuilt my engine and had it running then no spark. Ive got number two engine ready to be put together but still not. I am looking for a toy trailer but no time to look at any. But theres always tomorrow.  ???