Author Topic: Texas Newbie  (Read 4402 times)

pd

• View Profile
Re: Texas Newbie
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »
Is that an OEM Simplex flywheel , on the ebay bike ?

Looks like one to me. It is missing the pinion gear for the kickstart.

That must be a Wyco flywheel as the Phelon on my bike is more rounded .

And , I don't see a magneto plate behind that flywheel , but , maybe I'm blind .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 05:54:00 PM »
That is a Wico.  You are correct, missing the backing plate.  I would give about $500-600 for that bike.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 07:53:11 PM »
Well if it wasnt for the fact that i just jump into a new tractor i would be making some offers for it. There are many good parts there to get a good start.

Stafford, send me a private msg on the dig times I like trying to figure out what happend with items I find.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 08:06:51 PM »
Oh by the way Stafford I have basically four. One restored one in need and two frames to where one is slated for a custom job done.

Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 04:15:37 PM »
Sorry for the delay in getting back. I'll be out of pocket a few days but will get with you when I get back.
I really would like to see your bikes, I have a Street Glide and a Chopper but really love the old iron.
Still looking but going to be patient. I have been known for moving a little too quick and don't want a repeat.
Talk to you soon
Cheers

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2013, 07:10:55 PM »
Ok Stafford, check ebay out there's four new listings one is a almost done restoratio . Very cheep but a little drive away.   ;D

Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 07:33:31 AM »
Hi Oil Lamp,
Going to try and send you an email on your private address.
Thanks for the tips.
Cheers
Stafford

Driver

• someday...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 09:09:11 PM »
I'm another (Native) Texan. Being patient and just catching up on Debt (mainly trying to get the house free and clear) before I try to get a working Simplex. I'll likely just buy a finished or near-finished one if possible. At this point I'd rather ride than work on it. Too much time wrenching in the past on "projects". If you guys ever meet up I'd love to attend if possible.

Distance from Austin? Zero. Live about 1 mi. from 183/Loop 1.
jack of all trades, master of none...

Stafford

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 12:30:14 PM »
Driver,
If you will shoot me an eMail I'll give you my phone number. ( eMail is on the profile )
If your around Burton I'd love to show off the Simplex and even offer you a chance to ride it.
Cheers
Stafford
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:51:18 AM by Stafford »

Reggie LeGros

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 04:24:57 PM »
Texas Newbie

Welcome aboard. I just replied to Will I have a 53 Simplex the is 95% complete with a totally rebuild engine that I would sell.

Reggie
Hello everyone,
Glad to see someone start a new Simplex site.  The old Simplex Collectors site just quit.
I own 3 Simplex Motorcycles:1948 I just completed restoration, 1953 basket case,1956 Restored currently in a museum. I also restored a James ML and a 1954 Triumph Terrier.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 08:06:00 PM »
copied to this one too.

Well here's something for the Texas bunch if you got a few minutes this weekend. Its a antique motorcycle event in Smithville Tx. great little show to see some great bikes. I will not be able to go this year but went last year and wished I had more to show. Here's a link to the flyer I hope: http://www.cherokeeamca.org/images/events/smithville2014_final2_1374465108_5127.pdf
http://www.cherokeeamca.org/events.html

Also if you take a simplex you will hear tons of stories of people who had one back in the day.