Author Topic: New to the Simplex world  (Read 1484 times)

cheezy1

New to the Simplex world
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:32:17 AM »
Hi...My name is Bill. I am new to the world of Simplex...but have been working on small engines for almost 32 years now and a mechanic by trade. I am mainly into mini bikes and karts...but will work on anything with a motor. I am also on OMB and I recognize a couple names already from there. I tend to joke a bit and try to enjoy the hobby and not get too serious. I am appreciative for being accepted to the site...and hope to learn more about these cool bikes. I have one already that I purchased from another member, but really don't know too much about it yet or what I will need. I am located in Michigan just north of Detroit. Anyways..Thanks, Bill aka Cheezy1  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 07:40:19 AM by cheezy1 »

pd

• View Profile
Re: New to the Simplex world
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
Welcome Bill . :)

Post a few pics of your bike . The frame and engine numbers will be asked for , so they can be added to the registry .

I'm originally from Grand rapids ( area ) .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »
Welcome Bill.  Yes, send me a PM with your full name & the frame & motor number I'll get you into the registry.  Most of us in this group love to tinker with small engines & what ever they're attached to.  I've got a mid-thirty's maytag motor & a mid twenties McCormick deering 1.5hp motor besides the bike & car stuff.
Mike Sal

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »
Mike Sal, did you get the message I sent you about the model t stuff?

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 06:31:51 PM »
Welcome Cheezy1!  I am up in Midland.  Sounds like you may not be far from Bill Marcum(another member here)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 07:11:58 PM »
Sonrisers, yes & I sent a PM back.  Hope you have confidence in your mechanic.  That simplex motor is much more fragile than any model T part he's ever worked on. 
Mike Sal

cheezy1

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 08:59:14 PM »
Thanks guys...It is nice to see some Michigan members or former Michigan people on here. I am working on posting some pics. Mike I sent you a message about the ID. I also forgot to mention..I am very bad at computers and it may take me awhile to figure out this new site. Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:01:58 PM by cheezy1 »