Author Topic: Ignition Switch & Brake Lite Switch Issues  (Read 884 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ignition Switch & Brake Lite Switch Issues
« on: July 14, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
Arghh......I finally decided to start finishing the Simplex.......after getting Sonya's Honda Passport & the Suzuki GT185 running.....nothing like waiting till the last minute.....

First problem was that the brake light switch I just got from Wayne is the wrong one.....I needed the one that faces forward (normally "open"), but he sent me the one that is designed to face backwards (normally "closed").  I can make ups some wires to get by for now I guess.

The bigger issue is the ignition switch I got from him.  There are 3 "clicks" from the off position.  The first click is supposed to allow ground for the ignition points.  Click 2 is supposed to be ignition and low beam head light.  Third click is supposed to be ignition and Hi beam headlight (both filaments).  On my switch the first click gives ignition, but click 2 has Lo beam, but no ignition, and click 3 is completely open.

I also ran an extra wire from front to back to provide a secure ground (connecting ground of switch, headlight, and tail light to the motor).

I guess I'll call him tomorrow & have him bring some parts to Portland for me.....
Mike Sal