Author Topic: rear wheel adjusters  (Read 2209 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
rear wheel adjusters
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »
Does anyone know of a set of adjuster/tensioners that work on our Servicycles to pull the rear wheel back for tensioning the belt and aligning it?  I thought I had seen a post somewhere but couldn't locate it. Thanks. 

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: rear wheel adjusters
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »
Thanks, they'll make things a lot easier getting the tension/alignment needed on my H.F. powered bike.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:48:37 PM »
Pics when you get them to the functional stage , Please .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 01:53:06 PM »
Here's what I made.  Modeled after a pic another forum member sent me from his.  Just a washer welded to a 1/4" threaded shank and ground down for clearance between.  I'm adding a stainless washer on the back for added strength behind the bracket. It's probably not needed since it's just to center with slight tensioning, until axel bolts are tightened.  I may cut them down in length after installing.  Should work fine and make adjustment a lot easier down the road...

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 07:54:36 PM »
I also installed adjuster and it made the tensioning and centering really easy, and precise.  Should have put them on when I put bike together originally.  Here's a pic of them installed.  BTW, the ATV/quad lift I made worked great for working on the bike, if anyone is looking for a way to tinker with theirs while having/needing the wheels off the ground.