Author Topic: 1940's trike - Saints Bike - from the Wollard Estate going to auction 4/25  (Read 13878 times)

Bruce

• View Profile
Ken was right there and wasn't sure what happened but thought it went online.then today he said floor..if so,Vince wasn't treated fairly...I think someone got an awfully good deal.

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
Your friends observations are interesting. There was no question that I was the high bidder. As I wasn't there I don't know what happened or why it was changed. This is the second time something like this has happened to me. Very frustrating but not much I can do about it.

Vince

pd

• View Profile
"This is the second time something like this has happened to me. Very frustrating but not much I can do about it."

From / At the same place Vince ?

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
I was bidding online and actually had bid higher than the $2,500 it sold for. When I called the auctioneer they said it went to someone "on the floor". Something didn't sound right but there's not much I can do about it.

Vince

I got that same bullshit answer on some parts from the original auction!  It said I won, but when the invoice came, those parts were not included!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
I'm sorry you guys had to go through what you did . It stinks .
After that^ , I will not bother with Freedom Auctions . They are obviously less than reputable .

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:29:04 AM by pd »

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
Pete,

I'm not sure who the auctioneer was the first time that this happened but I do remember it was an auctioneer in Florida. Now you have me wondering? It shouldn't be to hard for me to figure out who that auctioneer was. I've left this auctioneer several voice mails and still haven't gotten a call back. I think this speaks to their integrity. What is really frustrating is this auctioneer posted this auction on this website to spur interest in this auction and then they pull this crap.

Vince

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email

If you were bidding on Gary Wollard Estate items in the first auction you mention , it was the same auction house . If I recall it was feruary ? 2013

I wasn't happy at the first auction . They hyped up the Simplex auction which was probably to much for a one day auction . Then put it off till mid day or later after many other unrelated(to Simplex) items . They had way to much stuff for one day .

Freedom Auctions

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello All...My name is Brian Hollifield, owner, operator and auctioneer of record for Freedom Auction Company, based in Sarasota, Florida.  I am replying at this time to set the record straight.

In response to the various posts...

First of all, I am full of integrity.

Second, I want to acquaint everyone with the concept of an "auction".  An auction is held to solicit the next highest bid until no further advance is made and hence the highest bidder wins the item.  Last time I checked, we were in the business to sell to the highest bidder, not the lowest bidder.  Does one actually think that we would withhold the acceptance of a higher bid?  Really?

I know most people think there is some conspiracy against them and the world is out to screw them but please, not the case here.   We posted the information about this auction on this particular website because we felt the "experts" might want to know about the sale and would like the opportunity to participate.  I want to thank all those who bid online and especially thank all those who either drove down or flew in to participate.

You must remember, we utilize a third party service for internet auctions.  We did not receive any further bids on lot 101 beyond the final price and therefore the item was sold.  In this case, it was sold to the floor.  If another bid did not come in when one submitted a bid, I can only blame it on the technology.  Everyone expects things to work perfectly 100% of the time.  It doesn't work that way.  I am sorry if you missed out on an opportunity to bid again.  Do not think for a second that your bid was ignored.

For the record, Vince, you left me one message, not several.  I called you right away.  Also, impossible for you to bid in a $50 increment as it is not even offered.  Also, impossible for you to "Type-in" a bid.  Bid button enabled.  We offered telephone bidding and absentee bidding if you felt you were certain to be the high bidder.  In this case, I would have been on a plane.

I am grateful for all those who participated in our auctions to liquidate the Wollard Estate.  There have been many on this board who have been very gracious with information, stories and more.  This is the final phase of the Wollard Estate and I did not want a couple of complainers who don't see the back end of things and think we "pulled some crap" to taint what has been an exciting journey into the world of Simplex.

I suggest that if anyone has any further complaint, call me directly at 941-725-2166 instead of complaining or posting here.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 06:43:58 PM by Freedom Auctions »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Exact same "Technology" excuse I heard the last time!  LOL  All I know is the computer had me marked as the winner of a batch of flywheels.  When they were not included  on the invoice, I called and was told they were sold to someone in attendance, even though I had the high bid when the auction closed.  Maybe you should look into another company to run the online website.
Rick

Bruce

• View Profile
Technology fails them once....they should dump it....like he says..why sell for less

pd

• View Profile
That 3rd party service appears to have a rather high 'failure' rate . Out of this small group there's 3 instances .

Seemingly , it's not a concern as I see no remorse for past failures or any indication of an attempt to rectify any future failures .

That's a big problem .

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Technology fails them once....they should dump it....like he says..why sell for less

I agree, why sell for less, but I WAS THE HIGH BIDDER, according to the computer auction.  I would have bid higher if I was not already the high bid.  Am I supposed to bid against myself?
Rick

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
I don't want to continue to litigate this here but clearly there was something not right with this auction. For those of you who have used online bidding you know when you are the highest bidder. As Rick said earlier, I am not going to continue to bid against myself.  The "technology" indicated I was the high bidder. I have participated in online bidding for over 4 years now and have had only two bad experiences.

Regardless of what Mr. Hollifield says I left two voice messages and also left a message with one of his staff immediately following the sale of lot 101. I did not get a call back. I think he felt obligated to return my call only after seeing the posts on this website. Further, his comment that if I was a seriously interested bidder I should have been on a "plane" shows his disregard and lack of concern for online bidders. I'll say it one last time, what happened was not right and Mr. Hollifield did nothing to try and remedy the situation.

Vince

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vince, I bet Brian has no idea that you already own the nicest restored 3 wheel truck in the world!  I find his post to be very defensive, and I don't think he has any interest in getting to the cause of his "technology" problem. 

Now, I would love top find out who bought it, and see if they will get on here and post some pictures and engine and frame numbers.  It was most definitely not the 1940's that Freedom Auctions was selling it as.
Rick

Bruce

• View Profile
ken took a bunch of pics of it and measured everything he could...he forgot to check the number though. When he gets back ill swipe his pics and data