Author Topic: top speed of predator 212cc with original rear sheave  (Read 12537 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: top speed of predator 212cc with original rear sheave
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 10:09:56 AM »
That would be something that would stand out on the bike. I've got only one drawback in going with rivets on it and that is I do not possess the skill that is needed. Now ifin it were ten year back I had Uncles that could of fab it in a heartbeat. I am hopeful that when finished it will look like it was pressed from a single piece.

Now a sidebar question ? The coil on these honda enginesshouldn't they work if the flywheel is going either direction or if the coil is turn around?  ???

I would think you would need a reverse rotation camshaft to run one of these engine backwards.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 10:20:32 AM »
No cam, and all I would like to do is put the plug wire behind the coil too clean it up front. When I turn the coil around I do not see it firing anymore.

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:59 PM »
I took a 2008 whizzer ambassador and installed the hf212 with tav... 2.6" pulley kept it around 55...the pulleys over 3" were too fast(the 212 doesn't struggle ever)...that bike had three different pull type carbs on it for testing...one 22mm and a 26mm and 19mm...I couldn't tell which was better but the scrawny thing they come with probably wouldn't do that.  I also had a nice whizzer exhaust pipe adapted to it and I'm sure that helped.   Very potent setup and cheap to do.....I mounted the engine at 90° without any issues. The kid that bought it has put maybe 1500 or more on it without probs and added a seat to carry his gal....160-190 should have similar go power
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:48:00 PM by Bruce »