Author Topic: Portland 2016  (Read 21890 times)

Eric

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Portland 2016
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 11:01:23 AM »
  I hope every one going to Portland has a good time ,sounds great. wish I could go somewhere like that.  The only Portland I have been to is the one in  Maine i,used to go there to visit my younger brother, that was until about eight years ago. good luck every body.   eric

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:43 PM »
When are you planning on showing up in Portland Reese?

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »
Sometime Friday afternoon.  That is if I can unload the trailer before next week. That and the drive doesn't hold any traps for us. :o

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2016, 10:41:52 AM »
We're going to try and be there Thur/Sat. This will be the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe journey for all.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2016, 11:39:24 AM »
We're going to try and be there Thur/Sat. This will be the first time. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Safe journey for all.

Bob, look for my black enclosed trailer on Simplex Hill.  It has a Servi-Cycle winged logo on the back door, thanks to James, AKA, Sonrisers.  Come on by and introduce yourself to us!
Rick

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2016, 07:06:18 AM »
James, do you have a day and time planned for the Simplex photo lineup?  I'm thinking Friday or Saturday afternoon?
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
I think Saturday would be a good time....maybe around 3pm. we are going to be there monday and I hope we can get our usual spot on the corner. If so we will try to get a spot big enough on the corner.Everybody needs to stop by the Kettle Korn when you arrive. Hope to see many new faces this year.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2016, 02:30:42 PM »
I spent some time getting ready today.  Gased up the bikes, loaded the trailer, getting my swap meet stuff together, as well as the rest of the shirts I have left. 

I checked the weather, and it looks like it is going to be smoking' hot!

I can't wait to get there!
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2016, 05:50:36 PM »
I have the trailer loaded also.  Will load the back of the truck Tuesday after lunch .

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »
We just got to Portland and got set up. Our usual corner was already taken. Still plenty of room, but filling up fast. I don't know how early a guy would have had to be here to get our usual corner.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2016, 07:47:26 AM »
As much as it pains me , I likely will not make the meet this Summer , unless things change in the very near future .
Things are simply not working out to that end .

Our co hosts pulled out due to health reasons . That leaves us as the only hosts and my going to Portland would leave my wife alone with no transportation in case of emergency .

The hitch on the Jeep took a dump . I rigged it as good as I could , but I'm not sure it would make the trip .

Not to mention that I get no cooperation from my '57 .

And , I looked at the forecast for Portland . If I were 40 years younger and never been bear caught ...

Anyway , I hope all that do attend have a great time .

Stay cool .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »
Sorry to hear Pete. 

I think it was the first time I went to Portland the temperature was in the mid 90's all week.  That was a hot one, but I'll take that over the rains from last year.

I saw on the Facebook page that they have already started the nightly parades.  Unbelievable how early this thing gets going!
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »
We got here last noght, and I have heard a lot of ppl saying that Walmart parking lot was full on Saturday night, then Sunday morning they all started lining up at the gate. I don't know of it is true or not, but one guy told me that someone from the fair was letting ppl in if they parked clear in the back on saturday, but they had to pay him $5. I would think something is gonna have to change, sounds like ppl are pretty upset because of the early birds.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2016, 03:23:39 PM »
Hello....if any of you remember who I am....sorry I've been away for so long.  Sonya & I will arrive sometime Thursday.

Remember how my bike wouldn't stay running when I brought it last time?  It was a stupid mistake inside the flywheel (I'll post a pic in the motor section later).

Will be glad to see you again at Portland.
Mike & Sonya

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2016, 03:35:34 PM »
Hi Mike, I thought you had gotten out of the scooters.  Welcome back! 
Rick