Author Topic: Simplex Sportsman Compact Tank Decals  (Read 1106 times)

DarrenC

• View Profile
    • Email
Simplex Sportsman Compact Tank Decals
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:07:04 PM »
Hello all,
As some of you may have seen, my little simplex is coming along on the vmbc facebook group. I'm real close to spraying color on some of the framework. I really need tank decals to match up to if they have a red in the background. If they are a sort of water slide that treats the decal as transparent where the paint shows through...that'll be great but I need to know. So if you are aware of someone who supplies these decals, please let me know! Wayne does not supply these for the compact, and really has few parts for these little bikes.

Thanks,
Darren
 dchafin1122@gmail.com

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Simplex Sportsman Compact Tank Decals
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 05:10:08 PM »
Darren, what I would do is contact James, known here as Sonrisers.  He is the Kettle Corn guy that comes to Portland.  He and his wife do vinyl decals.  

I wanted a set of blue Sportsman decals, and I had a set of new red ones.  I sent them to him, he scanned them into his computer, cleaned them up and had a friend print them on the vinyl that they make car wraps from.  I bet he could change the automatic to compact on the decal and size them correctly for you. You would have to determine the size you need them scaled to, but that shouldn't be too hard.  

BTW, why don't you post your progress on the VMBC site for us guys that don't Facebook?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 05:14:38 PM by RickS »
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
Re: Simplex Sportsman Compact Tank Decals
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:36:52 PM »
I replied to your comment on Facebook also, bit I would be able to make the decals for you. Just as Rick siad, I would need the length and hight of the originals, and would need to make the proper changes. I just put in an order for printing, so it may be a week or so before I could get them done. Cost would be $35 plus any shipping. I sent you a friend request on fb also