Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1724 times)

bossfrog

• View Profile
    • Email
« on: March 29, 2016, 06:00:23 AM »
Good Morning, just thought I'd get on and say hello. I do not own a Simplex, but my brother has a ServiCycle that he's owned for probably close to 40 years. it was a barn find. He bought it and started restoration, but shortly thereafter got married and life intervened. I'd like to give him a jump start now that he has a little more time and perhaps I can help him get it going again. I haven't seen it for years, but I know he has it stored in his heated basement so it is not deteriorating much just being stored. He is in Springfield Virginia and I'd be interested in knowing if there is any other interested parties in the area that would be a source of information/help when he gets working on it again. I know he is missing the jack-shaft to take the tension off the belt and take it out of gear. That will have to be reproduced or a replacement part sourced. He also needs rings, but I don't think that will be as much of a problem. Nice to be a part of the forum and I'll be sure to read up and learn as much as I can before we get back working on the bike.

Thanks in advance,   Larry

ndian22

• View Profile
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 06:22:32 AM »
Welcome,

You came to the right place for information and encouragement. I can't think of a better or more thoughtful way to spend quality time with a family member than assisting with the completion of one of their dreams. Learning more about the Simplex, coupled with patience are key to the successful outcome for your joint venture. Enjoy the adventure & have fun! Rick C.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:26:55 AM »
Welcome Larry . :)

Wayne has parts . His contact info :

Wayne Mahaffey
PO Box 655
Trinity, Alabama 35673
256 353 5552

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 07:01:44 AM »
Welcome aboard Larry!  I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that is a member near Springfield, VA, but don't let that deter you.  I had no idea what a Simplex was until 6-7 years ago when I saw a frame for one on American Pickers.  Since that time I have had 4 bikes up and running, from full resto, to full rust with just mechanicals gone through.

See if you can get some pictures from your brother and post them. We should be able to get you close on the year, and we can get you pointed in the right direction.
Rick

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 06:31:25 PM »
Hello Larry and Welcome to the Simplex family or perhaps extended family in your case . I think you and your brother can have a great time putting his dream back in working order. Enjoy the fellowship.