Author Topic: Gas Tank Decals  (Read 2316 times)

smallbore

• View Profile
    • Email
Gas Tank Decals
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »
WATER SLIDE DECALS
These are just like the old decals we used in the 40`s through the 70`s before everything changed to vinyl stickers. Soak in water for a few minutes and slide on to your tank. Then top coat the whole tank with clear urethane. These are about .004 inch thick so they look like they are painted on after the clear coat is done. These were just made a few weeks ago so they are fresh with no issues. Old stock decals are usually hit & miss if they will work or not as they can get brittle after 40+ years.
All I have is what you see... Made for the Senior Sportsman. The strips where it says "Simplex" and where it says "Sportsman" are clear material, so whatever color your tank is, the strips will also be that color. Same applys to the pin stripe around the "V" it will show the tank color. The gold color is a fine metallic, close to the original decal and made the exact size. The sample photo you see is a quick rattle can paint job on one side only just for display with 1 clear coat after applying the decal to show how the color comes through the background.

I have 40 sets available at a cost of $30.00 per set including postage to the USA
International sales are $25.00 per set PLUS the exact postage to your location
If interested please send me a message through this site and I`ll give you payment information.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:10:24 AM by smallbore »

smallbore

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gas Tank Decals
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »
Another photo.....

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 07:20:11 PM »
Really nice looking decals.  This will be really handy for the guys with the late model small bikes.
Mike Sal

Old School

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:05:22 PM »
I am restoring a Senior Sportsman.  Are these decals still available?  Thanks

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
I am restoring a Senior Sportsman.  Are these decals still available?  Thanks

SmallBore hasn't been on in a long time.  I suggest you send him an email.
Rick