Author Topic: I hope that was you Rick  (Read 1801 times)

Bob Gurkin

• View Profile
I hope that was you Rick
« on: April 05, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »
That 1948 Simplex Manual is the same one we butted heads over on Ebay :) If you are the one who got this one you saved a buncha money.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I hope that was you Rick
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 05:01:03 AM »
Bob, wasn't me.  I just got a reproduction one from Wayne.  That manual has a lot of good info in it.  I wonder why they stopped producing that and went to the much simpler style later?

On another note, whoever ends up with Gary's literature, I wonder if they will continue to make reproductions available?  He told me he had the only copies, that he knew of, of some servi-cycling magazines.
Rick

Bob Gurkin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:26:17 AM »
It would be nice if those mags and service manuals would be availiable for future use, but I would halfway expect them to get broken up and scattered to hell and back. Glad you got a copy of the manual and it's too bad you missed this one. It went out for less than $50.

chainmaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »

Im looking for any lit about the rear  brakes , schemactics etc for rebuilding and any other info that could be had. If anyone has any technical info I would be willing to scan it and and post it maybe we could start a technical reference section here on the forum.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
When I get back from portland, I'll post some scans of the brakes.  There is nothing to them but a pair of shoes and springs.
Rick