Author Topic: Internet Archive  (Read 800 times)

rldebuse

• View Profile
Internet Archive
« on: March 23, 2019, 05:45:59 PM »
I was recently informed about WayBackMachine, an internet archive which periodicaly takes snapshots of internet websites to preserve a record of them.  You can check out various snapshots of Gary Wollard's old Servi-Cycle Collectors website.  Here's how you do it:
Google WayBackMachine
Click on one of the listings for WayBackMachine
Type in Servi-Cycle in the big URL box
Select the year you would like to visit by clicking on one of the bars in the timeline at the top of the page
Click on one of the highlighted days that snapshots were recorded in the yearly calendar
You're there!

The response time is a little slow, but there is Gary's website, out of the ether.  Most snapshots differ as Gary added to and built up the site.
WOW!
You can also find usscootermuseum and others
By the way I recently purchased the usscootermuseum domain name and am working to restore John's website.

pd

• View Profile
Re: Internet Archive
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »
Good you found the WayBackMachine . It's been a great tool for almost ever . ;)
Been using it for a very long time .

And , good you're trying to get usscootermuseum up and running . It has been another excellent resource .  Currently , I get a clean white page when I go to usscootermuseum.com . Please , let us know when it's ready .

Pete . :)

Goes around , Comes around . :)

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
Re: Internet Archive
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »
By the way I recently purchased the usscootermuseum domain name and am working to restore John's website.

This is great. I dropped by that site regularly and submitted various things over the years that always ended up getting posted on the site. I was sad to see it disappear and am excited to learn of your plans to restore it.

I have used wayback machine to see bits and pieces of it, but let us know when its all back up and running.