Author Topic: Portland Roll call  (Read 2615 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Portland Roll call
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 02:27:42 PM »
Nope. And there are others!

Cocina_47

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 08:21:28 PM »
Nothing here.
No matter where you go, there you are

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 04:14:24 AM »
a person on facebook said that after a long wait they had just received theirs so must be coming soon.

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 07:44:22 AM »
Well, I didn't end up going to Portland. It ended up just being too much of a detour from the trip route and timeline that I needed to be on with the family for us to get out to Portland. I'll get back there at some point!

Sounds like it went about like usual - good event for those able to come early and hugely disappointing for those that couldn't get there until late into the "official" dates. I noticed quite a few comments on the VMBC Facebook page about the place being a ghost town particularly on Saturday and Sunday.

My take is that so long as the fairgrounds allow VMBC attendees in to camp/setup far, far in advance of the actual meet dates, the club will never be able to control the dates and will ALWAYS have a problem with those that show up a week early and then pull out of Portland on the Friday or early Saturday or the actual meet dates - some even earlier than that. Not worth getting upset about since neither side seems interested in making changes, just something to keep in mind when planning for Portland.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 04:05:10 PM »
Tom and I found out long ago, If you ca't beat them, join them!
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 06:36:12 PM »
There REALLY aren't any problems.  It's fun from start to finish regardless of when you arrive or leave.  I found one of my better buys on the very last day of the meet one year. 

Doodle Bugger

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 09:41:41 PM »
I agree...I like Portland and would have been happy to be there on any of the days.

Early arrivals and early departures happen at every meet, show, and swap all over the country. I’ve been to many and see it everywhere. Just the way it is in this hobby. I learned that a long time ago as well.

What I was getting at in my previous post was this was the first time I have noticed a handful of upset folks taking to the club’s Facebook page to complain about it. The VMBC meet has always been like that and probably always will be, especially because of the fairgrounds camping policies.

Like I said, not worth getting upset about.

I still wish I was there. Heck, I wish every weekend was like Portland!