Author Topic: Take a look at this!  (Read 904 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Take a look at this!
« on: June 29, 2019, 04:12:44 AM »
This is from the rear wheel of my extra scooter.  Bearings are of a sealed type ball bearing.  The adjuster cone is flat to be able to bump up against the face of the bearing.  Everything appears to have been made this way and not a modification. I pealed off the shield from the side of the bearing to see what was in there.  I can't find any numbers to try to identify the bearing.  Staying with the Simplex theme of using up parts the drum appears to be intended for a servi-cycle thus the presence of the spoke holes. Without spending much time on it I tapped on the axle to bump it through but it was locked in pretty good and not willing to give it the time it deserved I just left it together.  Looks to be a standard axle though

pd

• View Profile
Re: Take a look at this!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 05:24:10 AM »
Be interesting to see what else is inside that wheel .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 06:23:08 AM »
Simplex trucks used a bearing like that. I would guess they were the same.  I tried to find a bearing that would just drop in for my truck build, but I could not.  I made adapters to use an available bearing.

Tom, if you have the room, bring it to Portland, I’d like to take a closer look at it.
Rick

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:24:18 PM »
Tom, did you ever figure out what those bearings were?
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 09:23:50 AM »
No.  No numbers on them  They were the same dimensions as any other Simplex with seperate ball bearings.