Author Topic: CoVid 19 and Retirement  (Read 2094 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
CoVid 19 and Retirement
« on: April 05, 2020, 09:03:14 AM »
 I hope everyone here is healthy and is doing all they can to avoid catching the virus.  It should be giving many of us time to catch up on all our projects.  Remember, there is no need to social distance from a Simplex!

On another note, last Saturday was my last day as an air traffic controller!  As of March 29, I have joined the group of retiree's.  I foresee much more available time to play with my Simplex projects, take care of some house projects that I have put off, and would like to start on a Porsche 550 replica in the next year or so.

Lets here from you guys; what are you working on or doing during the crisis?
Rick

pd

• View Profile
Re: CoVid 19 and Retirement
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 02:11:07 PM »
Good you're healthy and looking forward , Rick .
Congratulations on the retirement milestone . :)

Remember that retirement is just another job , with benefits . ;)

As for any crisis related 'projects' or life changes : Nothing special . SOSDD .
Plans are made to be changed . LOL
My wife and I are both doing fine and dealing with this change of pace thing rather well .
We've never been very attracted to crowds and such , so the distancing thing comes pretty easy .
I ride when it's the best choice for errands or what might be needed .
And , for the record , I've been officially retired for about 8 years and loving it . :D

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 04:56:27 AM »
ok I have three years before retirement but getting some practice at it now! Pretty much finished up one acre of yard work plus I have a water pump job staring at me on my wife's red truck.  Bought everything I need off the internet and it has arrived. 

Rolled the scooter out into the light yesterday.  Really need to work on clutch.  And pull sheet metal off to pin stripe everything. Plenty of Simplex work here!    My blue '52.  Still need to put rod and piston in '48.  And then there is the Yamaplex.!  All good reasons for why I backed away from buying the 1939 Rick now has.  I have enough projects.  But one day I will own a direct drive!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:00:31 AM by kartjockey »

Bob53

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:36:46 AM »
Rick, If you want to get rid of the '39 call Bob, I really like that bike. :)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 06:24:26 AM »
The ‘39 is going nowhere!  ;)Well, maybe into the workshop this fall. Still collecting parts for it as I find them.
Rick

cotton

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 05:06:19 PM »
Congratulations on your retirement, Rick!  That should give you time to catch up on all of your projects.  I work until noon every day at a restaurant and food processing facility, so we are still working.  I was working on two of my bikes, but Wayne doesn't have any back wheel pulleys as of now.  So I am back to my wood-working - making two acoustical guitars.  Hope everyone is doing well.
Dwayne