Author Topic: 1965 Senior Simplex Sportsman for sale  (Read 2454 times)

Old School

• View Profile
    • Email
1965 Senior Simplex Sportsman for sale
« on: November 30, 2022, 05:18:42 PM »
I am selling a 1965 Senior Simplex Sportsman on Ebay

Here is the link: More pictures and video is on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155282785522

1965 Simplex Senior Sportsman motorbike, equipped with a new Honda GX 390 (13.5 HP) electric start engine (cost was $813). It has a new 40 series torque converter from Go Power Sports (cost was $469).

The Sportsman has fitted with new 12” custom aluminum wheels from Arcadia Cushman in Indiana. Arcadia provided their complete wheel, aluminum hub, disc brake and handlebar hydraulic master cylinder assembly for both front and back wheels. They also provided the 130/70 – 12 Michelin tires. The cost of these custom wheel assemblies was $2,335.

This Senior Sportsman frame (cost including the gas tank was $1,075) was originally manufactured for the Villiers’s 196 cc engine option that Simplex offered. It has been professionally modified with chrome molly tubing to accommodate the Honda engine. Please see the pictures for the modifications.

The Sportsman has an original Simplex gas tank. This is an original Simplex steel tank, not a fiberglass reproduction.

The seats were made to the exact specifications of the originals. Cost was $400.

The entire frame, fork, fenders, gas tank and all other painted items were stripped to bare metal. The gas tank and fenders were body worked to like new condition.  Then all painted items were sealed, primed, carefully sanded and painted with DuPont base coat/clear coat.  Media blasting, body work, paint and application cost $800.

The headlight, taillight/brake light, turn signals and horn work. A wiring diagram will be provided to the winning bidder.

The Sportsman was carefully reassembled. Please see the pictures.  Stainless steel fasteners were used where ever appropriate.

This Simplex Senior Sportsman is in excellent condition and could be a display piece any fine collection.

The bike has had very little mileage since its was restored.  It is a real fun bike to ride and it is quick.  The ride is smooth and comfortable.  The handling and braking are great.

I believe the Sportsman has all of requirements to be made street legal.  It will be sold with a bill of sale. If you wish to title the bike for street use, it may be necessary to have the bike inspected by your State’s Department of Motor Vehicles. Please check on your particular State’s requirements.

It comes with a cover.

If requested I can provide receipts for the cost of items mentioned above.

Thank you for looking at the listing.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1965 Senior Simplex Sportsman for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 03:59:47 PM »
I saw the auction.  Nice bike!   Good luck with the sale.