Author Topic: Wheel Pants or Skirts  (Read 1807 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wheel Pants or Skirts
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:23:22 PM »
While I was tinkering in the shop I ran across some cardboard I use for patterns & got to thinking....Hmmm wouldn't it be cool to have some wheel pants (just my guess at what they are really called....maybe skirts?) on the Simplex (I saw an image of one with skirts somewhere).  I'm not to crazy with the rear fender (maybe eliminating the curve at the back & bringing that line down, so the whole piece has a accute angle from front to back).  Sorry if the pictures are too big, but I haven't figured out how to size them correctly yet.
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 03:55:29 PM by admin »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wheel Pants or Skirts
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
Here is some pics of a  SimplIndian!!  I just made that name up now.

BTW, I fixed your picture size for you.

Rick
Rick

ltcps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
That is beautiful!

That is the first shot of what looks like a GX200 type engine conversion with a chain drive. Could I ask if you have any closeup pictures of the left side of the engine and the final drive area?

It would help tremendously in my conversion to see an actual running bike.

Thanks

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:54:35 PM »
Wow, that is awsome.  He went to a lot of effort on that bike.  Too bad he didn't spend some time making some "period looking" tin for the engine & belt covers.  I'd like to see how he attached the front spring up under the triple tree.

I wonder where he came up with the fenders?  I know a guy who is a wiz on the english wheel & he makes bike fenders from aluminum, but it's hard to get him to work in steel.  He's done demonstrations at our Blacksmithing club & he can whip one out in about 20 minutes.
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:59:12 PM »
That is the only pictures I have of that bike.  

I'll see if I can find anymore pictures of gx200 conversions and post them over on the non-simplex engine forum.

Rick

Rick