Author Topic: Title Issues  (Read 15865 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Title Issues
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 05:19:20 PM »
Jeremy, this could represent a problem.  I think illinois is a bugger when it comes to resurrecting a "junked" vehicle.  I'd go by the dmv & feel them out (maybe they can go on the system & see info you can't).  If they give you the thumbs down, you're looking at applying for a new title for a bike that "doesn't have a vin number" (wink wink).

My bike wasn't in the system at all, even though I got it in springfield.
Mike Sal

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
Well, chalk another one up for the Illinois DMV.....they returned my title application due to "Specific problems".  They want a law enforcement officer to verify the VIN number (this was never mentioned in any of the forms they gave me at the local DMV, or was mentioned when I called the state department.

Also, they don't like the auctioneer that did my appraisal.....they want someone with a dealer's license.  This was the hardest thing to come up with......there just aren't any appraisers in this neck of the woods.....

Arghhh.....
Mike SaL 

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 07:55:07 AM »
Anyone on here from Oklahoma , I heard from an antique car guy that in the past he has acquired Oklahoma titles and then transferred them to avoid the dreaded Illinois dmv
Jeremy c.

grandpajoe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
Hi not related to this topic. But I can't get the registry to open. What am I doing wrong? Grandpajoe

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »
Hi not related to this topic. But I can't get the registry to open. What am I doing wrong? Grandpajoe

If you are trying to reply to it, you can't.  It is a locked thread that can only be posted to by Mike Sal, and the Admin.  If you are trying to read it, just click on the bottom, and it should download to your computer, and then open it.
Rick

RodneyS

• It just fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
Hi,
 Im from Oklahoma and you can get a tiltle 42 here if title has been lost or even never titled as long as it has a vin number.  I just had a lady do it for me on a Dnepr that had 7 kilometers on it made in 1995 and never had a tag mounting plate on it. It cost $150.00. You can do it yourself but you are money ahead to have it done by one of the people that specialize in this. Also got a title on a 42 harley bobber that my brother built. Have not done my simplex yet, want to get the lights on it and kickstart.

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:29 PM »
In Illinois my vin # pops up as salvage title , in Illinois I may be screwed , I do have a friend in Oklahoma that may help me with an address, do they require notorized Bill of sale?
Jeremy c.

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
seeing this title it just made me think.
my 1947 has no frame Number and i have no title
any idea how i can reg this in NY
what is locked must be Unlocked !

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:58 AM »
seeing this title it just made me think.
my 1947 has no frame Number and i have no title
any idea how i can reg this in NY

I used the engine number as the vin.  NY DMV wanted a picture of the engine number, something with the weight on it, and money.
Rick

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 09:04:07 AM »
oh ok. yea that makes sence... thanks
what is locked must be Unlocked !

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
Guess who had his title application returned AGAIN by the state of Illinois?????  This time they say I need 4 photos of the bike (front, back, both sides).  Now why in the world didn't they tell me that the last time the returned my application......

I think somebody is trying to justify their jobs by making a career out of every application they handle......(I had heard that the secretary of state department was going to have some cut backs because the state is broke).

Mike Sal

induhhwind

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:35 PM »
I used Broadway title company for an old triumph i put together, it cost about 120$ about 15 years ago but they were fast and legal. I think they were in Georgia. The way it worked was that state didnt use titles and i think you just send all info on the bike, they run it ti see if its in stolen bike data base. You basically are sighning over the bike to them. They register it in their state then you but it from them ( thats is inclused in the 120$) then you take their paperwork to your state, they in turn issue you a title.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
I lived in Georgia all through the '80s. They didn't use titles on vehicles older than 25 years. I don't know how it is now.  I had a '55 chevy with a 'rebuilt' title of 1972.  The guy said he used to own one and we walked out to my car and he said , 'that's a '55 alright " and we went back inside and that was it! It was that easy.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2012, 07:21:55 PM »
I thought out using one of the title services, but a lot of them have turned into bad deals.  I almost sent a 250 dollar check to an outfit in Nevada (that had a good reputation 10 years ago), but found out the original guy handed the business to his crooked son who's been ripping people off.  So.....I thought I'd take my chances with the state......but that's not been working out too good either......
Mike Sal

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2012, 02:52:55 PM »
After two rejections, my application which was sent off to the state of Illinois way back in March was finally rewarded yesterday when a license plate & registration showed up in my mailbox.  Hopefully, a title will also show up soon.

I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry......
Mike Sal