Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1831 times)

bikenut

• View Profile
    • Email
Intro
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:34:40 PM »
Just discovered these bikes a few weeks ago after seeing a pic of one on the HAMB.  Can't beleive I've never seen one before.  Love the lines and how simple they look.  I've been a bicycle nut since I was four and am now 40 so I enjoy how bikeish they are.  While I don't own one at this time, I look forward to having one in the furure.  I have read every post on the board and still have many questions.  I really like the look of restored to orignal, but would like to have one to ride to work at 50mph.  So we'll see what happens. Great site with lots of info! Thanks, Chris
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 12:41:19 PM by bikenut »

aquaelvis

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Intro
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »
Welcome, I'm new myself but good to see new people. Where are you from?
Want to buy; old motorbikes, old gas pumps too!

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »
I live in the country, about 12 miles from town & where I work, so it's too far to ride one of these to town (besides the rare occaision).  My wife & I both work in town, but on opposite sides of town (only 5,000 people).  What I plan to do is build a bike carrier to fit the reese hitch on the back of her cherokee.  We'll ride to town in her car, she'll drop me & the bike off at my job, then after work, I'll ride the back across town to meet back up with her to go home.  With the price of gas getting worse than it already is, this should save some money as well as be some fun.  The bike is light weight enough it should be easy to load & unload.
Mike Sal

bikenut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »
I'm in southern utah.  my commute to work is 22 miles on  a parkway that varies between 30- 55mph.  Couple of really big hills to motor up.  Could ride  about 7-8 months out of the year.  At 6'2 I'm curious if one of these will look like a clown bike?   

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 05:44:41 PM »
Mike Sal,
 Thank for the help and encouragement, now it is my turn , 12 miles to work. Sound like a 20 or 30 minite ride. That sound easier than loading it up at home and unloading it in town and again for the ride home . get on it and get your face in the wind. Make me Jellous ! Your Simplex Friend Bill Marcum

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
I'm sure I'll ride it to town a few times.  I used to ride my '74 suzuki 185 street bike (2 cyl. 2 stroke) to work, but didn't use it much last summer because it rained so much.

I'm committed to riding it to town a few times, as my insurance guy, the auctioneer guy, and the oil field repair guy (who's boiling out the tank) all have made me promise to bring it by when it's running, because they all think it looks cool.
Mike Sal