Author Topic: Events  (Read 15575 times)

bill marcum

• View Profile
Events
« on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
Fellow Semplex Owners
 Just thought it would be nice to have a event topic. There is one that is coming in May it is a Motor scooter swap meet & bicycle show .  I will attach the flyer. Might be some Simplex Bikes there or parts. Sounds like fun! 8)  Bill Marcum
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:51:56 PM by bill marcum »

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Events
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
Sounds like a cool thing to go to, but it's the same weekend as the big Studebaker swap meet in South Bend and the big ww2 reenactment weekend in Lowell, Indiana.  Both of which are annual events for me. The flyer didn't really say which town it was in.

Do you plan to go?  If so, maybe you could keep us informed of any Simplex treasures via cell phone.
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:06:44 AM »
Here is another event that was posted  on the trike post. Plymouth Michigan on July 29 , 2012   http://concoursusa.org   8) Mike Sal I would like to go , The one in Ohio . to early to tell if I go I will keep in touch.  Bill Marcum
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 06:34:55 AM by bill marcum »

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 06:06:21 AM »
There is an Old School Mini Bike Show and Swap Meet in Ann Arbor on April 29, 2012 . See the attached flier. Bill Marcum 8)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:14:13 AM »
This is the same weekend as the Jeffereson Barracks ww2 reenactment at St. Louis.....:(
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 01:21:29 PM »
Swap meet for you guys out west. Seba Station Museum May 19 & 20 , Sept 15 & 16  See attachment Bill Marcum 8)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 09:54:19 PM »
Well if anybody has any info on swap meets in Texas please give a posting. My job doesn't let me out that often. Thanks

WestCoastTed

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »
Bill Marcum, look for me there, I'll have the wooden seabrook scooter there.  See restorations-barn fresh simplex.  Hope to meet a fellow enthusiast or two.

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
West Coast Ted , I th 8ink you are talking about Seaba Station swap meet in Ok. I wil not be going to it , sure would like to go but a bit to far from Michigan. I was just passing the info along to every one. It was originaly posted by RodneyS under Vintage Motor Bike Club Meet Bill Marcum 8)

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:44:16 PM »
oil-lamp and you Guys from Texas
 Here is an event for you . Smithville Texas Antique Motorcycle Show and Swapmeet May12, 2012 See the attachment. Have Fun! Bill Marcum
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 01:50:51 PM by bill marcum »

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:47 PM »
Bill Thanks for the heads up on the event in Smithville. The only problem is I can't see all the info (working from a phone) I check on the web site for Smithville but do not see mention of this event. Do you have a web site or something? And have you seen the two nice bikes up for sale on ebay today.

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 10:02:55 AM »
Oil -Lamp  The Web site for the Smithville Tx. Swapmeet is www.texmoto.com/Dynamic/eventscalender , Yes I saw the two Simplex bike on ebay . I would like to bid on them but I will wait till later to see what they will go for . I realy would like to have one but I need to finish this one first. plus they are close to were I live. hope this info will help you . Just sent my seat pan off to Heathers Leathers . Bill Marcum 8)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »
Thanks Bill for the info. I should make that one, hope there's some good venders there. Not to switch tracks. Seat pans were they all the same size or did they make a smaller one. See photo

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
The earlier seats, from 1935 to 1939 were made by Messenger or Troxel.  After this, simplex started making their own, and they became bigger.  According to Gay Wollard, the size came from Cyclone Treen's rather large backside!
Rick

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »
Hey you guys here is another event for you that live around Ohio. The 20th Antique Motorcycle Swap Meet, In Wausion Ohio. Friday July 20 thru Sunday July 22. Free Admission, $5 to park. This is a good event to go to. Last time I went there was a few Simplexs there, And a lot of motor cycle parts. If I had one of the Simplex tee shirts that I could wear then you could spot me and then have a good time  talking Simplex. Hope to see you there. Bill Marcum 8)