Author Topic: Events  (Read 15576 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Events
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 04:06:40 AM »
Going to try to make the Wuaseon show right after Portland.

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Kart jockey or any body that wants to go to the Wauseon Ohio swapmeet , I am going to it , I will be riding down on my Panhead if you want to ride with me let me know and we can ride together . I have a friend the is riding to the meet with me I think he might ride his Shovelhead. Bill Marcum 8)

Driver

• someday...
    • View Profile
Smithville Meet
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2012, 11:14:58 AM »
Smithville, Tx. Antique Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet
May 12th, 2012
Annual Cherokee Chapter, AMCA Antique Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet. Free.
Bring Friends and Family
9AM to 3 PM.
Info: John Nixon 830-931-3046

Event location:
   LCRA Vernon Richards Riverbend Park
   Smithville Colorado River Rd,
   Smithville, TX 78957, USA

I may attend this one, even possibly take the Coach down there the day before and camp (if they have electrical hookups). Right in my backyard. Smithville's nice too so your significant other can go antiqueing or whatever else floats their boat.
jack of all trades, master of none...

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
Driver, let me know if you make it for I too will try to be there with big hopes my Brother and his bike. Just to be a show stopper. Reese

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2012, 10:08:51 PM »
Well I made it to the Smithville bike show and to my opinion it was a bust. I was for sure out powered even by a mustang scooter until a guy parked a 62 mini mini bike that had less than 10th total miles on it. There was a 47 Indian scout with only 4037 total miles on it. But the topper of event with 30+ or - bikes including a British Taylor making a showing. The winner of the day was a 1/2 scale midget racer with a single cylinder Harley motor that powered it. Here's a couple of photos

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 06:14:56 AM »
oil-lamp,
 Sorry that the show was a bust for you. From the pictures it looked like the bikes that were there were pretty cool. What kind of bike was the one with the stock paint and the leaf spring front end next to the Indian? Bill Marcum 8)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2012, 06:41:11 AM »
The one on the backside of the 47 chief is and don't quote me on this. I think it was a 1926 Indian but was not the 101 it is a daily driver and will never be repainted cause he likes it like that. Here's a photo.

Driver

• someday...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 07:14:35 AM »
Rat Bike?

I was hoping to make it but got a Summer Flu last week. Spent the weekend recuperating.
jack of all trades, master of none...

Ben Treen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2012, 07:27:45 PM »
The earlier seats, from 1935 to 1939 were made by Messenger or Troxel.  After this, simplex started making their own, and they became bigger.  According to Gay Wollard, the size came from Cyclone Treen's rather large backside!
My father told me he did trace the outline by sitting on a piece of paper or cardboard, but his "backside" was rather normally proportioned for a man of 6 foot height, if anything, a bit flat, a trait I have regrettably inherited.
Ben Treen, MD

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2012, 03:51:43 AM »
The earlier seats, from 1935 to 1939 were made by Messenger or Troxel.  After this, simplex started making their own, and they became bigger.  According to Gay Wollard, the size came from Cyclone Treen's rather large backside!
My father told me he did trace the outline by sitting on a piece of paper or cardboard, but his "backside" was rather normally proportioned for a man of 6 foot height, if anything, a bit flat, a trait I have regrettably inherited.

Ben, welcome!

Yeah, I call that condition "Noassatall! It seems to afflict old white guys.

Do you happen to own any Servi-cycles?
Rick

Ben Treen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2012, 08:22:36 PM »
Yep, I have a '53. I made the mistake of trusting someone who wanted some cosmetic surgery, wishing to trade for powder coating the bike and providing the missing air filter. He's had it for a year, keeps telling me he's been too sick to do what he promised. Picking it up early July with likely nothing done. I don't know why I trust people to do the right thing, I've sure been burned often enough.
Ben Treen, MD

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 04:08:19 AM »
Ben, where do you live?  If you can make it to the Vintage Motorbike Club meet in Portland, Indiana in July, you will see a bunch of Simplex's.  There is a group that gathers on "The Simplex Hill".
Rick

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
Ben, I have got burned on trading labor literally every time the last time by a long time friend. We agreed I would build a 30x40 garage complete with infloor heat and in return he would do the body and paint on my 59 Apache needless to say he has enjoyed his heated garage the last 6yrs and my truck looks the same . Never again you pay me , I pay you. I am going to try to make Simplex hill in July I will bring my bike although probley incomplete . Running out of time, and still have to do the wheels.
Jeremy c.

Ben Treen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 01:12:22 PM »
I live in Dothan, AL now, moved from Greenville, SC a year ago. July is pretty busy for me, but what are the dates?
Ben Treen, MD

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 10:23:24 AM »
Ben, the official dates are 09 thru 13 July, but I'm told the meat of the event takes place from 07 thru 12 July.

Due to schedule conflicts, I'll be there the afternoon of the 7th thru the 9th or 10th.  It'll be my first time to attend.
Mike Sal