Author Topic: My bike  (Read 10566 times)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
My bike
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
This is my for what I call a 58 custom for it started with a engine, trans or clutch, frame, two old seats, and a some rim. Everything else I pick up from all over the country. I did try a different route with the paint this bike is almost 100% powdercoated even the hand crafted lettering on the tank. Now if I could get one of these photos on my profile I would be good.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My bike
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:50 PM »
Hmmm, I think you just solved a mystery for us.  Is that a wire I see hooked to the brake light switch?  One of the other guys has one like it & we couldn't figure how theswitch worked, but we never considered it would be mounted backwards.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
Yes that is a stainless steal wielding wire for a tig wielder and it releases to make it work. Well that's the way I got it to work. Don't know it its right but hey it looks right.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 06:42:29 PM »
Now if someone could help me get one of these photos on my profile I'd be happy.  ???

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »
Now if someone could help me get one of these photos on my profile I'd be happy.  ???

How's that?

Rick  AKA Admin
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 01:04:28 PM »
Got my computer back online heres a few more photos. theres all parts togeather, after powdercoat, my brother and me, and coipeing a old add about weight.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 01:17:44 PM »
Nice!  We need some more pictures of your brothers bike.  Is that you or your brother holding the bike?

Rick
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
No that's just me showing off. I'm just glad I've got back on line with my main computer.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 07:52:25 PM »
That is a cool reenactment of the sales guy holding up the "lightweight" Simplex. 

I noticed your rear fender is different than mine.  Mine only has one big "notch" for the drive belt, whereas yours has 2 notches.  I wonder when they made the change?
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »
Mike hey that was the first fender I had done. During the time I was putting it together I found I had the fender of the foot pedal type. So 100.00 dollars later wham bam second fender done and installed with the large slot. But I'm got the second bike planed for that type of drive.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
Ok Guys I got a question?¿? My compression plate I bought presses on my crank to where the motor locks up. I made a gasket out of a sheet 4 or 5 times thicker but it still will not clear the crank. Would it be wise to just have a grove cut into it or have it shaved down till it fits?¿? Picture add to show drag line.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2013, 11:01:56 AM »
I throw it on a mill, if you have one available.  If not, a belt sander would make quick work or it.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »
I guess its a trip to the shop. Don't have a mill thou I wish I did and my belt sanders died four years ago. So you would just have the whole top milled down till it cleared the rod not try to put a grove around the inner part just to clear the nut that dragging?

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »
Reese ,
I'm curious to know how much deeper into the crankcase the new plate sits than the original .

And , what made that curved J 'gouge' that runs from the piston recess into and around the center of the plate ?
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »
The gouge that comes from the top came with it when I got it. Thinking it was a ready to fit part I put no thought to it after it does not work I'm looking closer to it now. I found its been installed once before and it must not of worked for them either. So here I sit fifty something degree weather with a fifty dollar belt sander making it fit at 8:30 in the dark. I having so much fun     yea right. Pd have you checked with Wayne  for the parts to work the throttle in the handle bar?      Reese