Author Topic: Simplex factory paint jobs  (Read 5100 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Simplex factory paint jobs
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
I just got to thinking.....the simplex I had when I was a kid (circa 1972) was all blue.  At the time I had assumed that somebody had repainted the whole bike in one color, but I now know that it came that way.
Mike Sal

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »
When I went to paint my frame I had a little bit of automotive basecoat ,overcoat paint left over from my truck. It is black and I considered using it ,however there was parts missing for my paint gun. Well yesterday I gave the garage a pretty good cleaning wasn't even thinking about the paint gun. I picked up a can of laquer thinner that was nearly empty and took it around back to pour on some weeds , out rolls the missing pieces. Made me think of mikes missing handlebar pieces.
Jeremy c.

hardhead

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:27 AM »
When I bought my bike it was painted a flat blue with USAF and numbers painted on the tank with stencils and also on the fenders,. I was told by po that he thought  some kid painted like this ,but with pictures I've seen I'm wondering if this was an Air Force bike.  What do you all think?       Tom

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 12:01:37 PM »
I would guess there is a good chance that it is original. Post some pictures so we can see it.

Rick
Rick