Author Topic: Simplex horn  (Read 2478 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Simplex horn
« on: March 30, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Correct per the 1948 brochure.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Simplex horn
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 03:15:55 PM »
Tom, is that on your bike?  Looks great!
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 03:27:59 PM »
Yes. Made one out of two. Mostly bought the second one to get the correct clamping strap. There is a guy named Phil that sells the decal and screw kits. He'll probably be at Portland(as will I!) I have his contact info. I think he also does the mid-Ohio scooters show as I think he lives close to it.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
I worked for a company that made horns many years ago (Spartan Mfg), now out of business.  At the time I had a Puch motorbike (sold by sears) from the mid-60's.  I wanted a horn on it so I had the guys do an electronic signal on the magneto so I could design an AC horn for it (a dc horn won't work).  Once I get the Simplex running, I'll try to do the same thing.
Mike Sal

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 07:11:13 AM »
Funny you should say Sears. This shares space with my Servi.  '66 Sears Sabre 50cc. 4 speed
I traded machine work on a Buick 430 Wildcat engine for it.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:39 PM »
Wow, how wierd is that????  Your's looks just like mine did.  Somewhere along the line somebody jimmied the lock on the tool boxes on the sides & I never completely got them fixed right, & I eventually removed the outer part of the air duct on the left side (we had a chromed round piece at work from a boat spot light that filled the hole perfectly over the flywheel) because I thought the duct look dorky.

I rode it alot until I made a trade to an older guy for a '63 chevy II nova.  He wanted my bike and 5 gallons of gas to close the deal.  One of the more interesting trades I've made over the years.
Mike Sal