Author Topic: my other project  (Read 4409 times)

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
my other project
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:42:08 AM »
well ive noticed a few threads of trucks and other off topic projects. so this is my other project
unfortunatly with the loss of my job a year ago i had to put this in the backburner
there is a 1945 GMC high comp str 6 that was recovered from a 1955 chevy Bus from the Hauppauge,NY fire department
the orignal 1934 chevy engine ran when we got it and we still have it but its too much work for its 35mph low comp engine

she is a 1934 chevy 1.5 ton "Open Express" Pickup that my father got when i was in elm school.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 09:45:35 AM by mneukirch »
what is locked must be Unlocked !

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: my other project
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 06:21:34 PM »
Nice truck.  I'd like to find a pre war truck for use in my ww2 reenacting, but that's just another thing I don't need....

Here's a shot of what I was supposed to be working on this spring.....a '55 Studebaker President State Sedan.
Mike Sal

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 06:26:49 PM »
Nice looks like fun.
the onlything i regret is that mine is a pickup and can only fit 2 skinny people id much rather have a 4 seater lol.. but it has too much family into it for me to give it up

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 07:58:44 PM »
That's another reason I never held onto any old trucks....I'm too long legged to be comfortable in them.
Mike sal

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 08:26:04 PM »
na for me its becuse i like the idea of bringing friends and driveing out east to montalk. its limited with its 2 seat cab but i plan to enjoy it non the less.
as my father said . its hard to find one that is around esp concidering her cab is only reinforced with wood with plate steel nailed on.

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 09:37:57 PM »
oh yea and the other fun thing is that the fuel tank is under the seat in which you must lift and fill inside the cab, and keep in mind the cab and floor is made a wood.
also she has mechanical brakes . which are rods connected with cotter pins its not hydro controlled and she has a 4 speed UN synchronized transmission.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:07:24 AM »
I love your Chevy truck. Owning a Chevrolet means never having to make excuses! I double clutched my '49 for years until I found a sync 4 speed out of a '54 dump truck. Been owning (and driving daily) my truck since 1985. There's a pic of it on this site.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 05:03:53 AM »
Max, I just noticed you are from smithtown.  I grew up there and went to smithtown west.  I now live out on the south fork, in speonk.
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 07:10:16 AM »
4 speeds.....clutches.....mechanical brakes on 4 wheels......it sounds like a pretty modern truck to me, compared to my Model T.  Gas tank under the seat & wooden floorboards.....sounds pretty normal to me (although my T is a '26 "improved" car, which means the gas tank is in front of you behind the dash & you fill it from in front of the windshield). 
Mike Sal

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 09:24:25 AM »
Mike S, Id Love to have a model T i think they are awesome. i really like the Vintage look .

Rick.  cool yea both me and my father are graduates of smithtown west also. im a 2005 grad and my father was a 1976 grad
he was the in the first grad class and i was the last grad class of the unified school before they decided.back to 2 HS . i live like 3 min from the old kings park mental hospital

Kart, thats a nice classic chevy truck year,.
i love my 34 my problem is i dont have a bed for it . and mine is a open express model which is a extra long pickup bed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 03:13:57 PM by mneukirch »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
I lived right off old northport road on alfred lane.  Right behind the middle school fields.  i was class of '84.
Rick

mneukirch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 11:12:44 AM »
oh.. ok. cool