Author Topic: help with year please  (Read 3736 times)

Simplex Ryan

• View Profile
    • Email
help with year please
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:14 AM »
ok so heres a little story on how i got the bike the house behind us owner was evicted his  stuff went to auction however i got first dibs on things i wanted and  found this frame/motor with no idea what it was then after some research found it was a simplex now im currious what year it is ect 09044 is the frame number and heres a pic of the frame

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: help with year please
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:38:58 AM »
Nice find!  It is a 1955 Simplex Automatic.   Do you have all the major parts for it, like the front end, engine and transmission?

Post some more pictures of whatever else you have.  If you have the engine, the number will be on thew side and start with the letter "M".
Rick

Simplex Ryan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
as far as i could tell the guy that tore it apart put everything into the boxes looks like everythings there even lights and tires, ill get a few nice pics of all the parts when the garage is cleaned up alittle bit  oh and thanks RickS for the year

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
"ill get a few nice pics of all the parts when the garage is cleaned up alittle bit "

If it's anything like my garage use to be ( organized mess ) , that'll never happen . LOL
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 03:42:55 PM »
Good eye and that's a fine prize to come across. :)

Simplex Ryan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »
its a few hour job to organize it however it went under discussion and before building the simplex were building the harley first so this bike will be on the backburner for a month or two

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 10:30:54 AM »
its a few hour job to organize it however it went under discussion and before building the simplex were building the harley first so this bike will be on the backburner for a month or two

LOL .

I said the same thing over 6 years ago when my brother in law was going to give a CB750 away . Life happens and I'm just now getting back to the Simplex .

See you in about ten years . Harleys are much worse to work on than Hondas . ;)
Goes around , Comes around . :)