Author Topic: Wollard Estate Auction - Simplex Servi-Cycles, Parts, Memoribilia  (Read 21427 times)

james c

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wollard Estate Auction - Simplex Servi-Cycles, Parts, Memoribilia
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 09:31:59 PM »
wow, some great deals! i hope wayne picked up a bunch of parts

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 04:17:23 AM »
I bought as much of the original literature as I could. Plus some parts.  I noticed two heavy internet spenders throughout the ordeal.  It looked as though they were buying to stock up.  Kind of peculiar how there are mud flaps on ebay already!  Right now I am not entirely sure exactly what it is I did win as some of the items I had proxies on flashed through and I didn't get to see any bidding.  I think I recognized some of the manuals in the auction that are published in Gary's book.(same spots, etc. on them) I thought that was kind of neat.  Just sitting back now and waiting for the invoice!!

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:50 AM »
Rickety you should of got then even if you only needed a couple. I know you could of sold enough to pay for your investment. Most of those guys are wanting 34.00 dollars a pair. I would like some more but they can keep them at that price. I wish I could of gone I would of tried to get as many parts and complete engines as I could just to keep them at a fair price. I hope everybody that wants the items that are going to flood the market waits till the price drops and there's probably a ton of items that will be trashed once there's no way to sell them. :'(

Red

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 05:21:08 AM »
If anyone got a lot of those wico flywheels and auto transmissions I would buy 1 if you have it for sale. I lost on auto trans.,they went for about 400. I found sometimes they would give you time to bid and other times it would end while you were clicking bid(I lost a few things that way)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 05:58:10 AM »
I noticed the same thing.  I believe sometimes the auctioneer gets going too fast and forgets about the online bidders.

As for the flywheels, I bought some, and some backing plates.  After I receive them and check them out, I may have 1 or 2 for sale, depending on condition.  I don't want to sell junk to someone, and I am not sure of the condition of any of the stuff.

I also bought what looks like a recovered seat for $115.  The last one I had done was well over $200.

Rick

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 06:01:27 AM »
Rickety you should of got then even if you only needed a couple. I know you could of sold enough to pay for your investment. Most of those guys are wanting 34.00 dollars a pair. I would like some more but they can keep them at that price. I wish I could of gone I would of tried to get as many parts and complete engines as I could just to keep them at a fair price. I hope everybody that wants the items that are going to flood the market waits till the price drops and there's probably a ton of items that will be trashed once there's no way to sell them. :'(

Reese, I have a feeling those will be available shortly for $10-15 a pair.  I think a lot of guys are going to put them on Ebay, and find themselves in competition with each other.  Gary must have had a pair made for every restored servi-cycle out there!!
Rick

Red

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 06:10:48 AM »
I won  some wico magneto housings with parts and a lot of 15 drive belts

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 07:06:41 AM »
Good morning, Who bought the Servi-Glide and the Yellow G or H model with the trailer?  I am positive that Gary would say those two items (at that price) are the deals (or steals) of the decade!!!  I have film footage of John Treen riding the yellow bike circa 1990 in New Orleans.  Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 07:29:55 AM »
I think the Wollards would have done much better selling on their own.  That servi-glide could have brought much more, if it had been marketed properly.  I feel the same about the bike with trailer.

Mike M,  do you know who built that 3 wheel truck?  Was it a factory prototype or homebuilt?
Rick

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2013, 07:55:25 AM »
Rick,  According to Norm Burton, Gary built the green three wheeler as an experiment.  Gary was forever testing an idea to see if it had merit.  That same kind of thinking at the factory supported the progression from direct drive to automatic clutch!! Mike

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 08:02:14 AM »
As the auction was going on I felt maybe they should have split it into two days and maybe a few weeks apart to keep the enthusiasm alive. Might have doubled the prices.  I also know at times such as their family must be going through you just need to get it done.  It will be exciting to see what is on my invoice!

james c

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 09:12:54 AM »
ive seen about 5 different auctions for mud flaps on ebay, sellers are in florida

pd

• View Profile
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 10:20:11 AM »
Yea there another that started the price at 9.99 and 4.00 shipping. That I would go for your and not much over.

My8mm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
Hello, I was there. The wheels that went for $3 were rusted out hulks. Purchased 2 Rollers One for $675 (53 Sportsman) and the other a 55 for $350. Also picked up ORIGINAL Manuals, Parts and Plaques from the 1st Simplex Festival. Alot of fun but we were all tired by the end of the sale. Most of us had been there since 9am. Luckily I am local to the area.

Going to list the Roller once on Ebay, if it doesn't sell Strip and sell off the parts. Keeping the Sportsman. I had to laugh at the guys buying mudflaps and duplicate manuals knowing they would be cutting each others throats on Ebay instead of hold then sell. They proved me right.