Author Topic: Tank decals  (Read 8271 times)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
Tank decals
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:31:26 AM »
Any one have pics of original tank decals. I have a 55 simplex and would like to see what was original to that bike as well as other years. I have a vinyl cutter and would like to cut replicas of the originals out of vinyl. I can usually duplicate these if I have a good solid close up picture. I've seen alot of pics on the forum, but haven't fould a good close up pic. Thanks, James

pd

• View Profile
Re: Tank decals
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:36:18 PM »
Here ya go :

Late model tank decal .

It seems to me that the red lettering could ( should ) be a bit thinner or less pronounced .
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:37:57 PM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »
Thanks, that is just what I was looking for. James

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 05:03:53 PM »
Will you be offering decals for sale , James ?
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:22:26 PM »
Yes, my wife and I have a vinyl sign business. What I would make would be a vinyl sticker, not a "water slide". I read in another post that some don't like the vinyl b/c it may not hold up to gas spillage, and may seem too thick. I'm not worried about that b/c I can alwas cut another, but I can see why others would want the water slide. If anyone is wanting decals or even simplex stickers for bumper stickers or window graphics, I would be willing to see what I can do, I can cut big or small. I would also like to see some big, bold pics of any other decals that simplex had. I've seen the winged decal on ebay and other places, but can't find a good enough picture to duplicate it. The pic that was posted just ahead of this post should work perfect. Let me know.

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:00:12 PM »
Bt the way, I am planning on powder coating my frame and tank a bright yellow, Is it gonna be considered a sin in the simplex community if I make my decal for my bike black and white instead of red and white? I'd hate to get "shunned" by the experts. May not seem like a big deal, but I would like to hear some feedback.
Thanks in advance. James

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 04:27:21 AM »
We'll get over it!!!  A lot can happen in a couple of years!  Just kidding!  You'll see a lot of color schemes WHEN you are in Portland.  One guy had John Deere colors for crying out loud.  There were some very well done and extravagant rides.  To check out some of them look for the Portland pictures here.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:59:20 AM »
This is what you'll see when you go to Portland.  Except your bike will be tucked in there too!  For the record,  it's about a 140 days!  Book your motels now!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 05:07:00 AM »
Tom, will you have the other bike you are working on done?  I just need to disassemble my truck and paint it, and I am working on a 55 automatic also.  The 55 will be a ratbike, but with a rebuilt motor and transmission.
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 06:10:26 AM »
I saw a few bikes at Portland that had poor condition vinyl decals due to gas spillage. 

I'd like to see a "Simplex" bumper sticker (or window sticker to go in the corner of my back window).  It could be the winged logo with our website address across the bottom.
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 07:06:03 AM »
I would like a winged decal that could go on the back of my enclosed trailer.  Maybe 18-24" wide?
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 04:52:14 PM »
Get me a good bigger pic and i will see what i can do

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2013, 05:38:57 PM »
I emailed one to you. Let me know if that is big enough.

Rick
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:44 PM »
What is the show in portland called? I hear alot about it here on the forum. Thanks for the winged decal, perfect for what I needed. 4 different colors, so it may be challenging.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 03:26:19 AM »
The show is the Vintage Motor Bike Club meet, or VMBC for short.  It is the largest small bike show in the world.  Some people camp out for a week or more, even though the show officially lasts 5 days. Get there early for the best deals!  Early means a day or 2 before the first official day.  Dates for 2013 are July 20-24. It is held at the Jay County Fairgrounds in Portland Indiana.
Rick