Author Topic: Tank decals  (Read 8272 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tank decals
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 09:09:24 AM »
Reese your trailer looks more upscale than my small trailer.  I 've got one made from an old pop up camper.  I put a piece of OSB up in front for a shield when I brought the Victory home from Cleveland.  Looks hokey but got the job done.  I'll probably use it to bring the stuff to Portland this year.

Good looking cars Rick.  I gave up racing when I figured out there was always somebody with more money who could go faster than me.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 09:35:36 AM »
Mike, I too was thinking about using a pop up camper frame for my trailer that way you have a place to get out of the rain. Seeing I was short on time I chose my grandmothers trailer to retrofit.

Rick, nice car!  My 76 SB will more than likely become a trike later this year. I bet its nice to have concrete to work on, I'll need to try it some day. Lol

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »
Well a couple of rattle cans down and it's looking better. I even took some time to clean the wheels.  I'm even about running a few pin stripes to set it off. That is if Pete will tell me what type of paint he used again. So here's a couple more pictures.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2013, 08:58:33 PM »
Reese ,

I used an alkyd paint , but I don't recall the brand . It was exterior and best on metals .

I didn't thin it . I poured it into the stripping tool straight from the can . I used paint thinner to clean up .

If I get a revelation about the brand , I'll post it .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2013, 08:51:22 PM »
Reese, trailer is looking pretty good. We have decided to print your decals instead of cut them like the picture we posted earlier, and the one Rick got. It will be printed on alot better quality vinyl than what we use when we are just cutting decals. It is the same vinyl that is used to wrap vehicles, and has air release adhesive, that means alot easier to install, and no bubbles. It is a more expensive vinyl, so we are not able to make it larger, so it will be 24"x 12". Rick, I think yours would look alot bettter if it were printed also, so we will try to have an extra when we go to portland, and will swap yours then. If anybody else is wanting a winged decal with the web site, let me know, they are $39 plus  shipping, and will look just like the pic posted earlier. Also have 11"x4" printed bumper stickers available for $6.50 ea plus shipping,let me know.