Author Topic: considering offers 1948? restored simplex  (Read 1612 times)

Dave Beck

• View Profile
    • Email
considering offers 1948? restored simplex
« on: March 08, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
I thought I would start here to offer this restored bike for sale. I just finished it a month or so ago and have ridden it a couple of times. Neet little bike, but I have 3 Harleys and I am sure it won't get ridden much, my passion is to restore items, after they are finished I loose interest. It probably needs a new lighting coil as the lights do not operate, may just have a short. let me know your offers if you are interested in the bike. I will consider all. I do have a lot into the bike and need to at least recoup my expendatures.
Thanks for looking.
Dave Beck
580-243-9008 cell

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: considering offers 1948? restored simplex
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 07:47:37 PM »
Nice bike Dave wish I had some extra green to offer you something for it. Good luck in your ventures.   :)

SIMPLEXUSA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »
hello, Dave i very nice job. I think we spoke once before. I am doing a 48 also. do you have more pics of the bike along the way? im looking for pics of how to set up the coils and wiring, and a bunch of other questions.  im setting up the crank end- play today.  Would i be able to call you if i get stuck?  thanks  . Dan

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 08:30:28 AM »
hello, Dave i very nice job. I think we spoke once before. I am doing a 48 also. do you have more pics of the bike along the way? im looking for pics of how to set up the coils and wiring, and a bunch of other questions.  im setting up the crank end- play today.  Would i be able to call you if i get stuck?  thanks  . Dan

Dan, look under the manuals section, you will find what you need for the magneto.

Rick
Rick

SIMPLEXUSA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »
thanks.  i will look again. some times a good pic. make life alot easier.

Dave Beck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:28:52 AM »
The bike is sold.
Dave

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
The bike is sold.
Dave

Congratulations!  Would you mind telling us the sale price?  This would let people know where the market is for a well restored Simplex.

Thanks!
Rick