Author Topic: Ebay Prices out of Control!!!!  (Read 3998 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ebay Prices out of Control!!!!
« on: March 17, 2013, 12:41:01 PM »
Did anyone see what some of those parts sold for on Ebay?  I can't believe a Wico backing plate with questionable coils, ect went for $311! The matching wico flywheel went for $280! An exhaust manifold $77.  Wayne has new exhaust manifolds for $49.

The kick start pinion gear, which I don't even think is usable, went for $104.  I just bought a new one for $52!

An air cleaner for $200!  Wayne has reproductions of those for $95, and you can't tell the difference.

I should get a bunch of stuff from Wayne, and list it on Ebay.  At those prices, I could retire in a month!  LOL
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ebay Prices out of Control!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 01:06:19 PM »
I hear ya Rick, I myself trying to get a extra set of mudflaps at a low price. Each time I try someone places a late bid on it and winds up paying more than if they chose the buy it now option.

I'm wondering how many of those bidding on those parts are on somebody's payroll.  :o

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:11:01 PM »
Wayne has mudflaps for cheap.  He threw a couple in my last order, no charge!
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:14:02 PM »
"I'm wondering how many of those bidding on those parts are on somebody's payroll.  Shocked "

Probably a lot more than we might think .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
I didn't know he carried them I may just wait till Portland and get some.  Thanks for the heads up I will stop trying to get any of them. Besides I've would want mine painted anyway.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 01:26:53 PM »
I didn't know he carried them I may just wait till Portland and get some.  Thanks for the heads up I will stop trying to get any of them. Besides I've would want mine painted anyway.

Wayne bought a box at the auction.
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 01:37:54 PM »
I have been watching the kicker on ebay, the guy who has the highest bid with 1 min left is someone who has had no transactions in the past and 99percent of his bids have been on this sellers auctions...seems a little fishy to me???

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 01:43:53 PM »
That's proberbly a second user account that he uses to drive up his prices. :-\

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »
"...seems a little fishy to me???"

Nothing fishy about it . It's simply wrong and it's something we have to watch for when Ebaying or any auction for that matter .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
That's why I like it when you knew who was bidding. You could pull up history and location and see when you were being duped and force to pay more than you should.  :P

illMATTic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »
That guy in Wisconson is a fraud. EVERY one of his Simplex auctions got bid up high with a millions bids.

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
Wayne has everything I am needing...I just thought I would research items and see if there were any parts I could find and save some money. I can't afford to buy everthing all at once, so I figured I may be able to buy some parts here and there til I put in an order with Wayne. After talking with him, he sounds like the person I want to deal with. He is alot more knowlegable on the subject and seems like he is willing to help, when the ebay guys seem like all they want is the big $$$'s. Don't get me wrong... I have no problem with people making a profit.... I just think running up bids to do it is wrong. There are other ways to get what you want out of an item... other than decieving people.

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »

old servi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
Having bought and sold on Ebay for the past 14 years, I like Ebay. When I need or want something
that is not available thru a vendor, then ebay more than likely has it. Sure I have to pay more at times
but it is just how bad I want it to get it.
Having sold many auto parts over the years, I found it take 2 bidders to get a good price. Many many times
I have sold the item at the starting price. So thats the way of the game of auctions.
One thing that I never do is give false information on the item I am selling. It is much easier
to tell the truth and get a positive feedback and not to worry about a return etc. Sure I have sold some items that
brought much more than I had ever thought it would. It must have been an item that someone wanted enough to
pay the price so I do not feel I rooked anyone is two or more bid it to that price, means that they got what they needed.
I have in the last couple of years sold a few Servi items and everyone so far has gave me a positive feedback so I am
happy they got what they wanted.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 03:13:09 AM »
Old servi its like this we all kinda rely on ebay for a lot of items and we don't begruge nobody a few extra coins in there pocket. Its the ones that misled people with lies and false statements and bids from what look like there own self that gets our goat. Trust me I live in a small town that doesn't offer much and if it wasn't for ebay I would be lost. Its just since Gary's auction there is a lot of items being listed with false info misleading folks to pay more than they should. So if you list with true statements and if you runaway fair auction then go for it we like honesty. Shoot I just pick-up a complete headlights for under 40.00 dollars to where I've seen them sell for over 100.00 dollars. Go figure.  ;D