Author Topic: Ebay Prices out of Control!!!!  (Read 3997 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ebay Prices out of Control!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 06:27:30 AM »
The way I play ebay is that if I see something I want, I decide what it's worth to me and that's the bid I enter.  If it sells for less......YAAAAA I got what I wanted.  If it sells for more....Oh Well, somebody else wanted it more than me.  If it was a bogus bidder....the item will show up again in another auction.  This makes shopping ebay much easier.
Mike Sal

old servi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »
Glad you posted. I followed the auction in Fla that day and saw a lot of items sold that went low and some high. As you said some of the buyers bought to resell and know nothing about Simplex. Some will get stuck with their buys as some are putting out incorrect information on the resale. Too bad the auction was so far off and many could not have been there to make a buy. One thing we know is that as time goes by there will be less and less of parts for the Servi and they will continue to go higher and higher.
I have a couple of Lincoln Continentals with the original V-12s and over the years parts for them are priced too high now. However if you have to have the part, you have to pay the price. Supply and demand.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2013, 12:11:39 PM »
I have no problem with people paying too much for anything.  I do have a problem with sellers KNOWINGLY LYING!!!  How do I know some of them are lying, you may ask?  Because I corresponded with several and made them aware of the facts and they chose to be deceptive anyway. Those people are scumbags in my book, taking advantage of people who may not know better.
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 03:45:25 PM »
oldservi.....you've got some cool cars.  Someone mentioned something to me several years ago that I've always remembered (after lamenting on how expensive it is to restore a Studebaker Avanti)......"If you couldn't afford them then, you can't afford them now."
Mike Sal

old servi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »
Mike, glad you like Studebakers. Here is a 50 bullet nose I have. In 1950 I bought one just like it when they came out with the new design nose.  You have a good system on buying on Ebay.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2013, 08:00:28 PM »
Really cool Stude.  I have a 4 door '50 champion.  It used to be my daily driver for several years.  It's up on blocks at the moment waiting for me to finish a brake job that I started 5 years ago.  I've also got a '55 President state sedan, '56 President Classic, '63 lark IV, & a '66 Commander.  The only "old" car I have is a '26 Model T touring.

Have you had your convertible at any of the national meets?  It looks a little familar.  I used to be one of the early post war class judges.  Do you go to the swap meet in S.B. in  May?  I go every year.
Mike Sal

old servi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2013, 09:50:41 PM »
Mike, I have never showed it. I attended a few national Studebaker meets, however no showing, just looking and making the swap area. I have a couple more Studes. I guess I am bashful to show cars. I just like to drive them and work on them when they need some care. Sounds like you have been a Stude fan for quite a while. Got my first Servi Cycle in 1946.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2013, 12:16:03 PM »
Rick

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2013, 06:29:50 PM »
I just checked out the oil can. Sale has ended with no bids. I wonder why he did not get any bids? LOL Bill Marcum 8)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 06:55:45 PM »
He has droped it once or twice but still way to much...

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 08:20:52 AM »
There's another oil can on eBay still high in my books at 49.00 + shipping.  But who am I to say its high I spend way to much on old bottles.  ???